• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan Reaves Day-to-Day with Lower-Body Injury

Phil

It's inferred by trying to rationalize people being upset with his role on the team. Some of us really like the player and were looking forward to seeing him on opening night. Chances are we have to wait until 2022 now just to see him. It sucks.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Guys, this is a fourth liner we're talking about here. They can move Tinordi up to be fourth line right wing and not lose a lot.

My other ballsy prediction was going to be K'Andre Miller playing multiple games as a forward.

Not a fighter, though 

15 minutes ago, Phil said:

It's inferred by trying to rationalize people being upset with his role on the team. Some of us really like the player and were looking forward to seeing him on opening night. Chances are we have to wait until 2022 now just to see him. It sucks.

You spelled "assumed" wrong. I didn't quote anybody and was commenting on the injuries impact to the team, not this fanboi stuff.

I thought this was the thread where we talked about that stuff, not just the sadness thread. My bad. 

Again, some of us really like the player and were really looking forward to him playing on opening night. What you can fanboi we call fandom. It's okay if you don't share the same appreciation for the player. Not sure what else we're supposed to glean when you're trying to paint everyone as hysterical for being upset with the injury.

Just now, Phil said:

Again, some of us really like the player and were really looking forward to him playing on opening night. What you can fanboi we call fandom. It's okay if you don't share the same appreciation for the player. Not sure what else we're supposed to glean when you're trying to paint everyone as hysterical for being upset with the injury.

It's almost like you didn't even read what I posted. I don't care who's upset because they want to see the player, I'm commenting on the impact to the team.

We don't know what that impact will be. He's a fourth-liner, but he's not a JAG. His personality and the way he's got young players gravitating towards him signals to me you might be underestimating his impact to the team and it's loss if he's out as long as I fear he will be.

37 minutes ago, Phil said:

We don't know what that impact will be. He's a fourth-liner, but he's not a JAG. His personality and the way he's got young players gravitating towards him signals to me you might be underestimating his impact to the team and it's loss if he's out as long as I fear he will be.

I don't know, he's been on the team for about 5 minutes. I'm sure they'll get over it.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Guys, this is a fourth liner we're talking about here. They can move Tinordi up to be fourth line right wing and not lose a lot.

I think playing Tinordi worries me more than losing Reaves. That guy is as slow as a turtle out there.

• Like 1