• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lafreniere: Bigger, Stronger, Sexier

siddious

https://nypost.com/2021/09/23/rangers-alexis-lafreniere-has-different-look-heading-into-year-2/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

Alexis Lafreniere has a little different look about him. He’s leaner and lighter. He’ll be quicker on the ice following a summer workout regimen designed to address issues that arose during a challenging rookie season contested in a unique environment.

“I got a little faster. I would say that was the main thing. I lost a little bit of weight, and that helps, too,” Lafreniere said Thursday, after the Rangers’ first training camp session. “I skated a couple of times a week. I [worked out] in the gym, too. That’s where you get a lot stronger.

“Having a full camp is huge. It’s my first one in my second year, so it’s pretty weird. You have more time to get ready and a full training camp is always a good way to get to know the guys. I feel a little better, for sure.

“I know what to expect,” he said. “That’s huge for me.”

The Rangers and new head coach Gerard Gallant would prefer not to stack left wings Artemi Panarin, Kreider and Lafreniere. Moving one to the right would allow all three to play in the top six, which theoretically would include a second line of Panarin, Ryan Strome and Kaapo Kakko.

• Phil changed the title to Lafreniere: Bigger, Stronger, Sexier
9 minutes ago, CBrowningPI said:

He definetly looks less Yukonish then last season.

When @Bugg called him "Yukon" last year, when I read that, I literally spit soda through my nose!  He's gonna be Yukon to me for the rest of eternity.  That red beard is just legendary!!!