• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers' Development Camp Roster Announced

Phil

In a sea of prospects, Morgan Barron is standing out — as could have been expected. 

Such has been the case throughout the Rangers’ development camp and in the first of two scrimmages against the Flyers’ prospects, on Saturday at the MSG Training Facility in Tarrytown. At times, Barron has looked to be head and shoulders above his fellow baby Blueshirts, as one of the few with NHL experience should. 

https://nypost.com/2021/09/18/morgan-barron-standing-out-among-the-other-rangers-prospects/

3 hours ago, siddious said:

22, 4th camp, played in the AHL and NHL... 

Barron was ok, but there were a lot of issues in his game. Routinely didn’t not support defensemen. They’d have the puck and he’d just take off down the ice. Multiple times the d had to stick handle around until he actually came back to support the D and provide an outlet. Left a lot to be desired in the “small” aspects of the game you’d expect to be a non issue if you are plugging him into a bottom 6 C role. 

Just now, josh said:

22, 4th camp, played in the AHL and NHL... 

Barron was ok, but there were a lot of issues in his game. Routinely didn’t not support defensemen. They’d have the puck and he’d just take off down the ice. Multiple times the d had to stick handle around until he actually came back to support the D and provide an outlet. Left a lot to be desired in the “small” aspects of the game you’d expect to be a non issue if you are plugging him into a bottom 6 C role. 

I didn’t watch so my opinion is moot but from the clips of development camp it didn’t look like they went over game strategy much so I wouldn’t put too much emphasis on that. 

although one could argue it’s hockey 101. Guess we’ll see in pre-season