• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Gallant on Tom Wilson Situation

The Dude

Apples to apples - I think if we're looking at Reaves as "replacing DiGiuseppe" - it's fair to say we're better.

Exactly!

How much scoring did our 3rd and 4th lines do last year?? I can't count that low! Bringing in Reaves was not for scoring but for muscle, intimidation; protection for our skilled players; and leadership.

It was Gallant who lobbied to bring in Reaves this year. If you like Gallant and trust him as coach and his hockey acumen, then you should applaud our getting Reaves.

And now do wins.

Its not about participating in the playoffs, its about knowing what it takes to win. Have anyone besides Kreids been to a conference final?

How many Rings does Reaves have? Did Goodrow with the Conn Smythe? How many points did Blais have as a first liner for a period?

You can't on one hand say that winning a cup as a 3rd or 4th liner is valuable, then shit on players who haven't won in the playoffs, yet put up decent numbers in their short runs... If you think Tampa winning their cups hinged on Goodrow being there, I'd have to call you delusional. Did Blais score a shit ton of important goals or something? Your playoff criteria is just as non important as mine. We aren't talking elite game breakers. We WERE talking experience. Which people claimed the Rangers had none.. Just correcting that notion.

It's true, but I think what we saw in that series and the "nut up or shut up" games we had last season, we felt the lack of a player stepping up and getting that "let's fucking go" mentality in place. And that's disappointing - it's disappointing to see that Kreider didn't get that moving. I know Trouba was hurt for those games, Panarin didn't do it, Zib didn't do it, Strome didn't do it - and maybe worse, Kakko, Laf, Chytil, Fox - they didn't either.

Weren't Kreider and Panarin also hurt around that time? On top of Trouba? The team was decimated with injuries, while putting a minor league team on the ice. Next man up doesn't usually work when next man up, is Blackwell or Di Giuseppe.

Gotta say i'm surprised by the tone in this thread. everyone's been crying for grit the past few years yet this is not the type of grit that needed to be brought in?

Trade for Tkachuk. no way that happens and not only that they constantly debate what his real value is on the sirius channel. you would get fleeced to sign him imho.

nothing wrong with signing one 35 year old salty dog. not like we gave away the store for him. Let's see what Gallant does first although i do understand we debate on this board.

Gotta say i'm surprised by the tone in this thread. everyone's been crying for grit the past few years yet this is not the type of grit that needed to be brought in?

Trade for Tkachuk. no way that happens and not only that they constantly debate what his real value is on the sirius channel. you would get fleeced to sign him imho.

nothing wrong with signing one 35 year old salty dog. not like we gave away the store for him. Let's see what Gallant does first although i do understand we debate on this board.

Had nothing been done to add some grit there would be an uproar. Apparently Drury needed to sign 3 Wilson clones for 4 years each with a 2 mill aav.

• Like 1

I'm gonna roll with the whole Reaves deal, Slobby. I think he's going to fit in pretty well for the role that Gallant will deploy him for. G Man made a pretty good point in saying that we're basically replacing DiGuisseppe with Reaves, and I think Reaves brings a lot more to the table than "just a 4th liner". I think grit comes in different shapes, sizes and forms, and I think Reaves will fit the bill.

I remember telling Pete, I gave up on Reaves, and then they go out and get him, so I'm gonna stay in my lane here, and dance with the chick I brought to the party, so to speak. LOL

Too bad we didn't get Getzlaf, who was my other wish list player, but that's a story for another day!