• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Piece of Rangers Memorabilia Would You Love to Have?

Flynn

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had four 1994 hats when I was in middle school...I haven't bought another one since then and they're not too expensive.

I had 2 growing up. One I wore, constantly. To the point it was so faded from the sun it was practically orange. I'm glad my dad made us keep one away for safe keeping. I remember during the 2012 playoff run seeing a bunch of people on eBay selling the legit locker room hats with the 1994 in the text of the hat instead of on the Ranger logo in the white panel which is how most retail hats were sold. The legit hats were being sold for ungodly prices, I don't remember exactly but it was over $100. People trying to take advantage of the situation selling the nostalgic items for way above the original price. I wanted one bad but that was too much money for a hat. I happened to look again sometime during the following season and saw a bunch for sale again for a much lower price. I jumped on one, still in the plastic, still with all tags on it. Just how I remembered it when I got mine in 1994. They were going for close to $200 during the '14 Final so I am glad I got one during the lull that I did.

I actually wish I could find this, somewhere, sold out everywhere.

il_1140xN.2076304161_qz3k.jpg

il_1140xN.2076304221_qdcm.jpg

Dude. I have never in my life seen that shirt before. But here you go

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124777384200?hash=item1d0d4fc908:g:uEcAAOSw-0dgzKDc

Amazing how that worked out. 1994 New York Rangers is one of my saved eBay searches. I don't recall ever seeing that shirt.

Neil Smith had Andy Bathgate's rookie jersey and probably made off with it when fired. I'd take that.

I'm deciding whether to sell the whole motherload of '94 playoff stubs on ebay as a set or whether to separate out the Messier called shot and cup winning games. Maybe I'll get around to selling the old model trains first. It's my goal to die in possession of no memorabilia whatsoever.