• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Daddy Come Home

Phil

Is a 39-year old Hank who hasn’t played hockey in 12 months actually better than Geo?

While I’d certainly love to see him come back and finish his career here as a Ranger, what level of play is he actually capable of at this point?

I hated that he left. Hated the buyout. Would have preferred them to trade Georgiev at that point and let Hank play out his contract.

But the question at this point has to be whether Hank is the better option.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to bring you back to reality but if you had a must game backup situation, please explain why you think Geo is even remotely thr guy you’d feel more comfortable with?

back to reality? even remotely?

we've seen lundqvist in a backup role for parts of his last season and i don't recall it being impressive.

we've also seen Georgie go on fire here and there, and given his age, i don't think you can rule out that he still has a chance to hit another level in terms of consistency.

back to reality? even remotely?

we've seen lundqvist in a backup role for parts of his last season and i don't recall it being impressive.

we've also seen Georgie go on fire here and there, and given his age, i don't think you can rule out that he still has a chance to hit another level in terms of consistency.

When was Georgiev ever on fire? Only one 5 game stretch did he ever post a save % of over .900. The rest of the year he never had back to back games with a save % over .900

He can’t do it twice in a row. That’s always been one of his biggest problems. Give me Lundqvist over that sieve any day. I don’t care if he’s 40. I’m tired of seeing Georgiev getting torched for having the worst angles I’ve ever seen in the league

Georgiev can't even beat the Islanders anymore!

I mean, I wouldn't mind a Lundqvist reunion, but I don't know if it's necessarily a great thing for Shesterkin as others have alluded to. I kind of agree with that. With a lot of free agent goaltenders gone now, I don't see how Georgiev isn't the backup this coming season unless he's part of a deal for Eichel even though I think I'd prefer Kinkaid at this point.

Maybe not, but I was posting and reading around at other places. There was never legitimate talk of Hank losing his job after a bad stretch. There was never anyone who the fans loved so much they would consider bringing him back at 39 with a reconstructed heart, just so they could see him play again

There were also people that were pushing for Chad Johnson, Al Montoya, and even a few pushing Matt Zaba. Even Wiikman, Holt, and even Missiaen.

When was Georgiev ever on fire? Only one 5 game stretch did he ever post a save % of over .900. The rest of the year he never had back to back games with a save % over .900

He can’t do it twice in a row. That’s always been one of his biggest problems. Give me Lundqvist over that sieve any day. I don’t care if he’s 40. I’m tired of seeing Georgiev getting torched for having the worst angles I’ve ever seen in the league

Fine, but really cant say what ur getting from lundqvist at this point. If u just have faith in the guy, ok - ur entitled.

Either way with Georgiev hes likely gone after this year to slot his cap hit(2.4m) and the +1mil we get after this year from the dead cap to all be going to Zib putting his cap hit in the range of $8.75m... -- Sabres could use him simply just to help themselves get to the cap floor.