• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign Filip Chytil to 2-Year/$4.6M Extension; $2.3M AAV

Phil

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why not longer? lock up tradeable assets.

Longer increases the average. This is two years to see how he fits in the future plans and salary structure.

Longer increases the average. This is two years to see how he fits in the future plans and salary structure.

im ok with paying a little more for longer, like $2.75M for 4 years or something like that. HIs numbers are increasing every year and he doubled his production last year. with that kind of pace he'll ask for $5-$6M in two years. Even if he doesnt continue the pace, he'll be due a raise in 2 years.

Speculating on why Chytil's AAV hasn't been announced:

1 - Allowing Buffalo to announce the value.

2 - Working out writing off the contract as a charitable donation to Garden of Dreams.

3 - New cap circumvention strategy is disclose nothing and let them guess.

4 - Chytil has carried the contract halfway across the ice and has no idea what to do with it

5 - They gave this contract to Kailer Yamamoto instead

• Like 2

2 - Working out writing off the contract as a charitable donation to Garden of Dreams.

4 - Chytil has carried the contract halfway across the ice and has no idea what to do with it

with the NYRanger twitter announcement im now feeling hes not on the table for trade.

6 - drury over paid and wants to be half way to Mexico before we find out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6- The contract is in Czech and the translator died from Covid

• Like 1

This is exactly what I have been banging my head against the wall trying to communicate in my posts. If the higher AAV for 4 years is 3-3.5 million instead of ~2.5 million, just pay it; after 2 years if they are not getting value(which is what current production will be worth by then), it's easy enough to retain salary and trade away. Only way that they really lose on this proposal is if his production completely falls off a cliff.

Kevin Hayes and Bechnevich are two example of taking this short-sighted approach and not having cost controlled production. Wouldn't either at 5 million or 3.75 million respectively be worth more as a trade asset or productive top 9 forward?

• Like 1

This is exactly what I have been banging my head against the wall trying to communicate in my posts. If the higher AAV for 4 years is 3-3.5 million instead of ~2.5 million, just pay it; after 2 years if they are not getting value(which is what current production will be worth by then), it's easy enough to retain salary and trade away. Only way that they really lose on this proposal is if his production completely falls off a cliff.

Kevin Hayes and Bechnevich are two example of taking this short-sighted approach and not having cost controlled production. Wouldn't either at 5 million or 3.75 million respectively be worth more as a trade asset or productive top 9 forward?

thats exactly what i meant

Rangers bloggers must be taking their after-lunch naps. They arent even making shit up right now

Yeah, this doesnt really make sense.

If Chytil now continue to progress and they'll be forced to dump him (like with Buch) because there's just not enough cap space to pay him what he deserves.

If they went for something like 4x3.5m, worst case they trade him (maybe with some retention) after a year or two. Best case he progresses into a really good player and they have him on the cheap for a few seasons.

If we want any "good contracts" they need to take some chances. Can't just bridge everyone untill they have proven that they're good enough, but at the same time prices themselves out.

• Like 1

Yup, solid. Would rather short-term than long. Going long, as AJ noted earlier, would have meant a danger-zone value ($4.5M~).

Why pay that now when you can trade him for a 2nd rounder later when you cant afford the 6-7

Fair bridge deal, but to me it's a missed opportunity.