• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kraken to Select Colin Blackwell; NYR to Acquire Mark Giordano in Deal?

LindG1000

Price I get not picking up. I think you’d have to be insane to take his contract when there are so many other lesser options for less money that really aren’t THAT much of a lesser option. Tarasenko was a case of Dunn just being available and a better pick in the long term I guess. Or it could be argued at least. Either way, there still were other names out there they passed on which I won’t understand if they want to compete in a division that is very weak. That is unless they sign some high valued ufa guys like Landeskog

This. Taking Price at 10.5 per for another 5 years would have been a really bad move. Not only would it gobble up a huge part of their available cap. Price is getting older, has quite a few injury issues and isn't even a lock to outperform Vanecek and Driedger over the course of his remaining contract.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After sleeping on it, can't judge anything until we see what happens today. There may not be MANY trades, but there might be 1-2 BIG ones.

There might be a team out there who was looking at 2-3 of those players and rather than try to make individual deals for each, they got Francis to draft them so they only have to make one deal with one team to get them.

Something like that is always possible. Need to have patience... For now.

I knew the cap hit for Price was high, but I didn't realize there was still five years left on his deal. Wow. That, coupled with the injury history that continues to grow, and that would not be ideal. I think as an expansion team especially, you really want to avoid the bad contracts.

If the Rangers don't wind up getting Giordano, maybe they can try and get Blackwell back. lol

I'm actually very happy for Blackwell. He got a shot to show his stuff with us last year and I'm glad he's found a place where he's going to be able to continue his career, and make a difference. He did a hell of a job with us and gave us a great effort. I hope only for the best with Blackwell!! :thumbs:

Losing Blackwell sucks, he was a really good fit here this past season. But, he'll go to Seattle and hopefully all of the confidence carries over and he continues on a good path. But, considering what other teams lost, it's not the worst thing in the world. The Rangers are in very good shape and Gorton deserves credit for preparing this team well enough to be ready for the Expansion Draft. As an organization they've lost Oscar Lindberg and Blackwell in these two recent Expansion Drafts. That's not too shabby.

I'm actually very happy for Blackwell. He got a shot to show his stuff with us last year and I'm glad he's found a place where he's going to be able to continue his career, and make a difference. He did a hell of a job with us and gave us a great effort. I hope only for the best with Blackwell!! :thumbs:

Me too

He made the most of his opportunity here and made himself desirable to Seattle. Hopefully as you said, it carries over and things go well for him there. Wish nothing but the best for him.