• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Casey Cizikas

Keirik

The point isn’t that some players fail here. It’s that some do and some succeed just like you can say from every other team. And again, we are talking about a guy for fourth line and role player minutes. I’m not buying some idea that Cizikas wouldn’t be able to be effective here because Bobby Holik was overpaid 20 years ago. I’m also not suggesting the Rangers write him a blank check. I just don’t believe the Islanders cant keep him and that means he hits the market in a flat cap era. Meanwhile we are a team looking to upgrade our 4th line and he wouldn’t even need to move his family.

Btw, verbeek scored 40 here too. :)

Yeah man, I don't think it's right to judge a player by what players in the past have done. That's like saying we should judge every player from Edmonton on Messier's standard!

....If only!!!! LOL

I'm so intrigued by how the Isles manage this cap situation. They're up against it in the worst way here and have key deals to work out for Beauvillier, Sorokin, and Pelech. I guess Seattle will likely do them a favor and take some salary - Varlamov or one of Bailey/Nelson seems primed to go here either as the pick or in a side-deal.

They have some big decisions to make for sure. And there have been some news at least on Sirius Xm that the Krakan are expecting to make the playoffs next year so they definitely would look to take a talent for contract but still. Under 6m cap space right now . I’d say they need to get rid of Bailey or Nelson for sure, outside chance of Eberle instead.

The point isn’t that some players fail here. It’s that some do and some succeed just like you can say from every other team. And again, we are talking about a guy for fourth line and role player minutes. I’m not buying some idea that Cizikas wouldn’t be able to be effective here because Bobby Holik was overpaid 20 years ago. I’m also not suggesting the Rangers write him a blank check. I just don’t believe the Islanders cant keep him and that means he hits the market in a flat cap era. Meanwhile we are a team looking to upgrade our 4th line and he wouldn’t even need to move his family.

Btw, verbeek scored 40 here too. :)

Ok. I just don't like the idea over overpaying a rival player. THAT is kind of where I'm coming from.

But I get ya. Overpaying for a 4th liner is a little different than it is for someone a bit more higher up the lineup. Then again, in a capped league...

WOW, totally forgot Verbeek started as a Devil. I was too young to even really know that one. He was always a Whaler in my mind. But yes. He was a really good Ranger.the short time he was here.

Ok. I just don't like the idea over overpaying a rival player. THAT is kind of where I'm coming from.

But I get ya. Overpaying for a 4th liner is a little different than it is for someone a bit more higher up the lineup. Then again, in a capped league...

WOW, totally forgot Verbeek started as a Devil. I was too young to even really know that one. He was always a Whaler in my mind. But yes. He was a really good Ranger.the short time he was here.

And I can understand that. I just think that if the Islanders walk away from him, we should be in line for his services. He hits, is an improvement from the dot, scores a few goals, is great on the pk, and has some leadership and character. It’s a flat cap so unless he wants to go to Ottawa, Detroit. Buffalo, NJ or a team like that, he isn’t going to break the bank and we would offer him a chance to remain close and still be on a team looking to compete sooner rather than later. A guy like him is exactly what we need if the price is right.

And I can understand that. I just think that if the Islanders walk away from him, we should be in line for his services. He hits, is an improvement from the dot, scores a few goals, is great on the pk, and has some leadership and character. It’s a flat cap so unless he wants to go to Ottawa, Detroit. Buffalo, NJ or a team like that, he isn’t going to break the bank and we would offer him a chance to remain close and still be on a team looking to compete sooner rather than later. A guy like him is exactly what we need if the price is right.

Neil Smith's burner account! :lol:

I like your thinkin' sir!

For argument's sake.. Perhaps he likes playing in NYC? And perhaps he's got just enough petulance in his blood to want to give a big fuck you to Lou L- no better way to do that than play in the Garden.

I think we have many options on the 4th, but he'd be a very interesting one if the dollars are reasonable. I love the way he plays.