• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Cody Eakin

Phil

Center. 6'0, 196lbs. 50.1 career FO% — 54.31 with BUF last year. Played for Vegas from 2017-2020 — all for Gallant. One year left on his deal with BUF at $2.25 million.

Read his scouting report: "Works very hard and has two-way savvy. Is a fierce competitor and a versatile forward--capable of playing both center and wing. Has some scoring ability and is a clutch performer."

Seems entirely logical they'll ask what it would cost to acquire him. With a small amount of retention (it's one year, and the Sabres will likely have a ton of cap room once they deal Eichel), he's probably an ideal fourth-line center.

• Like 1

Also has a few rather good playoff runs under his belt with Vegas and Dallas.

Yup. 19 points in 50 playoff games (as a bottom-six player). Most with Dallas, but had five goals and an assist with Vegas in 31 games. Again, bottom-six/fourth-line player. Not at all terrible.

Gallant got the best out of him. Wouldn't be against this in totality but was he hard to play against? Me like smashers, big smashers.

Me, too, but there's like eight of them left in the whole league. Three play for the Isles.

This one gets the "Ozzy Stamp Of Approval"

Phil, you might have missed your calling, man!!! :thumbs:

To do what, post threads to a hockey message board? I dunno, man, I feel like I kinda hit on it?

I couldn't successfully GM a youth hockey club, let alone an NHL team. :rofl:

Well, don't feel bad, Chief...I'm at the point that if I remember where I parked when I leave the supermarket, it's win!!! LOL