• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 | Semis | (W2) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (N4) Montreal Canadiens

Phil

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MTL had like just one shot in OT? And it turns out to be the winner. Price made some unreal saves in OT and is the difference once again. They're definitely the Cinderella team of the playoffs and who knows what they do in the SCF now. Anything's possible I guess...

The fucking MTL Canadiens win. The team that had less points than the Rangers are going to the Cup. God I hope TB wins tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think either TBL or NYI would beat MTL, not with ease but I just don't see MTL beating either of them over the course of 7 games.

And I feel disgusting even saying this but part of me wants to see NYI in the SCF just to see how loud their arena will get. Coming off of a closed-door season, it's pretty wild to see that crowd in the Mausoleum blowing the roof off.

So wait, do they get the Campbell Trophy? I’m so confused. Their hats just say Stanley Cup Final. What do we call them? Not Conference Champs right? I’m so confused.

It's a bit odd seeing an 'Eastern Conference' team win the Clarence Campbell trophy but considering they came out of the western bracket I guess that's what it is.

Credit to Montreal on a great run.

The Vegas forwards just didn't produce this series. No Power Play goals. Most of the goals from defensemen. With the number of shots that missed the net and were shot directly into Price's midsection, it looked to me that Price got in their head. And any bad turnover in the offensive zone threatened Caulfield or someone else with a counterattack.

Credit to Montreal on a great run.

The Vegas forwards just didn't produce this series. No Power Play goals. Most of the goals from defensemen. With the number of shots that missed the net and were shot directly into Price's midsection, it looked to me that Price got in their head. And any bad turnover in the offensive zone threatened Caulfield or someone else with a counterattack.

That was my feeling as well. Not to take anything away from Price, who’s been amazing, but so many of those saves were made possible by the Vegas forwards not finding the corner. Take the Karlsson mega chance last night. Price obviously kicks across really well, but if Karlsson finds the right corner Price doesn’t save it. As it happened, the shot was 10 inches inside and Price made the save.

Got to say I’m happy for him, with all the shit he’s had to take up there.

So what will the banner day? West Champs? Stanley Cup Finalists? Survived The City Burning?

The Canadian Division/Conference Championship? lol

That was my feeling as well. Not to take anything away from Price, who’s been amazing, but so many of those saves were made possible by the Vegas forwards not finding the corner. Take the Karlsson mega chance last night. Price obviously kicks across really well, but if Karlsson finds the right corner Price doesn’t save it. As it happened, the shot was 10 inches inside and Price made the save.

Yes, very happy for Carey Price as well. If Tampa advances, I might still root for them, but I'd really like Price to get a Stanley Cup. He totally deserves it. He's the winningest goalie in franchise history, which is amazing, and getting that Stanley Cup would be the ultimate cherry on top of it all.

The Canadiens run here reminds me so much of the SB42 Giants. Not supposed to be anywhere close to where they are right now, but they have played the underdog role to perfection. Beating a 100m cap, defending Cup winning team like the Lightning (if they beat the Isles) would just about be an equivalent to the Giants knocking off the perfect Patriots.

or how Fleury gifted montreal the series and the whole momentum changed. i think Vegas had it up until that point

or how Fleury gifted montreal the series and the whole momentum changed. i think Vegas had it up until that point

Fuck I almost forgot about that. Damn that's a bitter pill for MAF to think about this off-season. Basically gifted the series to MTL right there.