• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Brett Howden is Not Having a Good Season

LindG1000

As to trade value, it's really negligible. Someone might give you some low round pick. But really Howden thus far looks like a career AHL guy on his best night. He's not even a 4th line servicable guy right now. Really, is that of any value? Are they hanging onto him for the expansion draft? For a team who is probably not going to the playoffs that may have value.

He's 22. Someone will always give you something fro a 22-year-old with nearly 200 NHL games played. Even if they aren't played all that well. Curtis Lazar, who sucks, was traded a few years ago for a second-round pick and a prospect. Whatever that something is is better than giving him away for nothing.

They've had a hard on for Howden from his first camp when he beat out Lias Andersson for a spot on the team. Quinn loves him for some reason. Basically ever other player has at some point taken shit from Quinn at some level. In press, benching, etc except Howden. It's really curious. It's almost like he sees himself in Howden or something.

I think you can say that he's the only player on that list who's playing to potential.

The other players you mentioned got sent down because they had more to learn, or had more to give.

Howden has niether.

Playing to potential? He has higher draft capital than Nils Lundqvist who we think is the next best thing. Brett Howden's potential wasn't fringe NHLer when he was drafted.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's possibly another damning example of how the Rangers don't really know what they're doing with these kids.

Brett Howden is kind of like Quinn's Tanner Glass. That may be a bit of an exaggeration, but I think you kind of know what I mean. lol

Great analogy. I think glass actually played his role better. At least he brought the physical element

They've had a hard on for Howden from his first camp when he beat out Lias Andersson for a spot on the team. Quinn loves him for some reason. Basically ever other player has at some point taken shit from Quinn at some level. In press, benching, etc except Howden. It's really curious. It's almost like he sees himself in Howden or something.

I just think he's eminently coachable. That explains the longevity/leash in spite of the lack of return.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Playing to potential? He has higher draft capital than Nils Lundqvist who we think is the next best thing. Brett Howden's potential wasn't fringe NHLer when he was drafted.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's possibly another damning example of how the Rangers don't really know what they're doing with these kids.

Plenty of players have success in junior and never make it in the NHL, and they were drafted higher than Howden.

His potential is not based on draft position.