• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Igor Shesterkin is Day-to-Day with Mild Groin Strain

Phil

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol I mean I know the guy that gives us long Islanders the feels but they didn’t pay Georgie to taxi it up so we know the answer.

Unfortunately, I know you're right.

Unless Seattle grabs Georgiev, which is a long shot, we're stuck with him. He has basically no value at all right now, and even as a back up, I get all the symptoms of food poisoning when he's in goal! LOL

Correct. Georgiev has no value at the moment and would not likely be taken if exposed. If we're not satisfied with him, we would do well to shop for a No. 2 immediately before the draft, when many will be available cheap, protect the acquired goalie, and expose Georgiev and that Kinky guy.

This reads as...If we removed the games where he sucked or was hurt, he's pretty good.

Not a ringing endorsement.

No it doesn't. 4th in SV% since he entered the league isn't removing any bad games.

But, since I brought up "the other guy" in the Fox thread, "the other guy" was a collective -5 in Shesty's 3 less than stellar games to start the season so he did have that working against him...

I don't think we've ever had a goalie that can do what Shesty can do with the puck, Sharpy. He's like a 3rd defenseman out there!

Agree. The first team that develops breakouts or other game plans while using the goalie more like a third defenseman will make hay until the others adopt the strategy - kind of like how almost every team uses the 'drop-back' pass on power plays when rushing the puck.

Even if you have doubts about doing this 5v5, I would definitely want to see more goalie use on the PK. The unexpected 'turn and pass back to your goalie' rather than crossing the centerline, and then having Igor kill precious seconds before launching the puck down ice would be a new wrinkle to the game.