• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

VR Gaming

BrooksBurner

I didn?t get anything yet....is nhl worth getting either though it?s the ps4 version? Probably gonna get madden 21. I?m a sports game kinda guy and not really into Spider-Man type of games. By the way I?m suppose to get my Atari VCS tomorrow....my wife is going to KILL me. I backed it on indigogo in May 2018 and it finally shipped this week. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I didn’t get anything yet....is nhl worth getting either though it’s the ps4 version? Probably gonna get madden 21. I’m a sports game kinda guy and not really into Spider-Man type of games. By the way I’m suppose to get my Atari VCS tomorrow....my wife is going to KILL me. I backed it on indigogo in May 2018 and it finally shipped this week. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I mean nhl actually is a pretty solid release this year. Madden is good graphics wise but don’t expect to be blown away. I have that, fifa, and nhl and the series X next gen and it’s good.....but not like holy shot good.

I don’t play nba but I’ve heard graphically that’s the best.

• 1 month later...
I just completed Spiderman Remastered and Miles Morales on PS5. WOW! I do not have a 4K TV but the extra fidelity and features such as ray tracing makes a world of difference. The ray tracing alone is worth. The lighting is so much better and the reflections from the light and the sunlight when you are outside is stunning. It was even better in Miles Morales since that's definitely more of a PS5 game than remastered was, even though it has a PS4 version as well. 60 FPS is also amazing, as well as getting other little boosts in PS4 games. It's also nice to have a console that doesn't sound like a jet engine when I'm playing. This console is SILENT all the time no matter what I am playing. You wouldn't even know it was on, even when playing the most system-heavy games like The Last of Us Part 2, for example.

I just completed Spiderman Remastered and Miles Morales on PS5. WOW! I do not have a 4K TV but the extra fidelity and features such as ray tracing makes a world of difference. The ray tracing alone is worth. The lighting is so much better and the reflections from the light and the sunlight when you are outside is stunning. It was even better in Miles Morales since that's definitely more of a PS5 game than remastered was, even though it has a PS4 version as well. 60 FPS is also amazing, as well as getting other little boosts in PS4 games. It's also nice to have a console that doesn't sound like a jet engine when I'm playing. This console is SILENT all the time no matter what I am playing. You wouldn't even know it was on, even when playing the most system-heavy games like The Last of Us Part 2, for example.

Nice! Good to see you finally scored a ps5. Crazy there still is a shortage. Ghosts of Tsushima looks amazing on ps5 if u haven’t already played it

I think there's going to be a shortage for quite some time. Plus the scalpers are making it harder for people to get them when they have these bots that can scoop up thousands of consoles at a time. I actually just completed Ghost not too long ago. I had a few hours let to go when I transitioned from playing on PS4 to PS5, and the 60FPS was glorious. It's a shame I didn't have much of it left to play to really enjoy it. But, I'll play it again at some point. It's a really fun game.

• 2 weeks later...
Death Horizon: Reloaded, Pokerstars VR, and the Room VR. The Room is one of those escape puzzle games if you havent played it yet. Highly recommend that.

I also bought the walking dead one but haven't played it yet.

The Room is great. Pokerstars is fun, but I can't stand the 10 year old kids just screeching into the mic all the time lol

Give Beat Saber a shot. It's a game I feel like every VR headset should come with.

The Room is great. Pokerstars is fun, but I can't stand the 10 year old kids just screeching into the mic all the time lol

Give Beat Saber a shot. It's a game I feel like every VR headset should come with.

I must have gotten lucky the two times I've played poker, to get actual adults. Actually one time there was an older gentleman at 68 years old from Long Island. Go figure. My buddy who I played with said the same thing about usually getting kids though, but he did say theres no kids really at the higher blind tables.

I'll take a look at beat saber. It has good ratings