• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Blue Jackets Considering Buyout of Alexander Wennberg

Phil

Well I want him. They're talking about him signing for less than $2 mil per and we really need a good defensive center. If the offense comes back then awesome we have a really good complete center and can move on from Strome with no regrets. If the offense doesn't come back then we still have a good bottom 6 center at a good price. I would bet on his offense returning if he played with Panarin though since that's what so many credit Strome's resurgence with.

Agreed. Just a good low-cost reclamation project.

We would likely keep Strome for another year with Wennberg.

Sure. I'd rather have Koivu on the 4th line I think. I know everyone here thinks Chytil is a winger but I don't see it that way and it seems like the Rangers seem him as a Center too. So that pushes Wennberg to the 4th line.

I think it would be nuts to miss out on this opportunity. He was never a goal scorer but if he can dish to ALF on the third or Bread on the 2nd then who are we kidding? This is a huge risk/opportunity for a huge payoff.

I dont see what we lose for jumping on this.