• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Pavel Buchnevich Playing His Way Into Deadline Plans?

Phil

For while we know Chris Kreider, who recorded his 11th goal in the past 17 games in Friday?s 4-2 Garden victory over the horrid Red Wings, is an endangered species, the same could be true of Pavel Buchnevich, who scored the match?s opening goal.

It is not as if the Russian winger poses a cap problem, working as he is on the first half of a two-year deal worth $3.25 million per. It is not as if Buchnevich would yield the kind of bounty in return that management might be able to elicit in return for Kreider.

It is that the Rangers might want to engineer a horses-for-courses kind of trade, exchanging Buchnevich?s skill game for a winger with a more north-south, hard-hat mentality. Then again, with the talent like No. 89 possesses at an affordable price, that might be one for general manager Jeff Gorton to keep in his pocket.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/01/pavel-buchnevich-could-be-playing-way-into-rangers-trade-deadline-plans/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Packaging Buch for a center would be beneficial for this team. DQ doesnt care for his play; make it happen.

At some point you'd have to think enough is enough. Again, I like him, I want to root for him, but people have to go. Buchnevich and Skjei remain on the top of my list to do so.

At some point you'd have to think enough is enough. Again, I like him, I want to root for him, but people have to go. Buchnevich and Skjei remain on the top of my list to do so.

Buch and ADA is what I'm feeling, Dunny. Skjei will be fine. I actually didn't have any issues with his game last night...or against Detroit. Can't say the same for the rest of them...including my boy Fox, who is looking like he needs to be back with Lindgren.

I'd move anybody, but I'd want a haul and a half for Deangelo.

This. The guy is on 40 points in 51 games. People can talk all they like about guys in the pipeline, but as far as I know there is nobody with anywhere near his offensive upside in the prospect pool. He is comfortably the best offensive d-man with the big club.

I understand there are several scenarios where you simply have to move him, but I don't like it, I definitely don't understand the urge to get him out of here and he better return a massive haul.

My problem is, why trade someone just to trade him? What exactly is he going to get you that you 100% are sure will be impactful on this roster? We don’t need to stockpile picks unless the reason we are doing it is to entice a team to take a contract by giving a pick with it.