• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Disregard Wait-and-See Deadline Narrative; Rangers Will Likely Sell

Phil

I think you need to watch more than Panarin. As a team, they’ve almost gotten worse. Well, Kreider picked it up the last few weeks. Goalies suck, defense is playing a system they bought into... which isn’t a good thing, Kakko, Buch, Zibanejad, Chytil playing worse than they did earlier in the season, still playing Smith, Haley, McGreg

This team is so bad, fans are hyped about the third string goalie posting horrible stats

That said, I’ll always root and push for the playoffs, but how we are viewing this current squads performance varies drastically. This is a 1 man team. Only.

I think this break will be a huge help for Zib and Kakko. Chytil I feel is gaining more confidence. Buch just stinks and I hope he gets dealt. Lemieux is back and should start impacting some games. I agree about the 4th line and I'd love to get rid of Mckegg and Haley in favor of Nieves and almost any living breathing animal.. Not sure why they employ these two. They NEED to replace them with role players that can either contribute to the PK or the PP.

I agree about Georgiev. I've been dying to dump him for weeks and really never really saw this "possible starter" talk people have been saying. But Shestorkin has been ok. Lundqvist hasn't been terrible either.

I think Trouba is gaining momentum and playing more to the level I expected. DeAngelo is a spark plug with his skills and chippiness. Fox is already considered a top 6. Skjei stinks and isn't what many were expecting, BUT he has been a bit better. I'm loving Lindgren .

I don't agree that they are a 1 man team. He's carrying them quite a bit, but Zib with Kreider are also driving play. They ARE getting big plays and big goals from DeAngelo and Trouba.

This team is almost there.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They brought in MacDreg and Haley (and smith!) for Hayes, Zuccarello and Vesey

Yeah, not banking on that roster turnover to solve problems

Nah. I see it as they could spare Hayes because of Strome and Chytil (and they thought Andersson). Figured Kakko would be better faster, and that Buch would turn a corner. Vesey... Who cares. He wasn't doing anything. The roster turn over has nothing to do with that 4th line.

I think this break will be a huge help for Zib and Kakko. Chytil I feel is gaining more confidence. Buch just stinks and I hope he gets dealt. Lemieux is back and should start impacting some games. I agree about the 4th line and I'd love to get rid of Mckegg and Haley in favor of Nieves and almost any living breathing animal.. Not sure why they employ these two. They NEED to replace them with role players that can either contribute to the PK or the PP.

I agree about Georgiev. I've been dying to dump him for weeks and really never really saw this "possible starter" talk people have been saying. But Shestorkin has been ok. Lundqvist hasn't been terrible either.

I think Trouba is gaining momentum and playing more to the level I expected. DeAngelo is a spark plug with his skills and chippiness. Fox is already considered a top 6. Skjei stinks and isn't what many were expecting, BUT he has been a bit better. I'm loving Lindgren .

I don't agree that they are a 1 man team. He's carrying them quite a bit, but Zib with Kreider are also driving play. They ARE getting big plays and big goals from DeAngelo and Trouba.

This team is almost there.

I dont disagree on an individual player level. As a team, I dont think they are close to competing, and it pains me to say that. I'll still be suggesting pushing for a playoff spot in the next few weeks but somethings missing... in the coach's head. Sorry. But he just cant get it together. BUT, again, that could be the infusion of Panarin and the unattainable expectations that some of us fans developed. I think if Quinn committed to making a few changes in his approach in player usage, yea, they would be almost there , but its too late for this season.