• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Top-100 Players of Decade

RJWantsTheCup

Fuck ESPN' date=' someone quote the list, lol.[/quote']

No.

H. Plagiarism & Copyrights: Obviously the majority of information we share here comes from others sources, especially editorial pieces, so please, when quoting from another source (and you must quote if the information is not inherently yours), only post a portion of the article content—no more than half the topic as a general rule of thumb—as well as a link to the original. Do not post the entire article, especially if it comes from a site that requires users to pay a subscription to read its content.

they acknowledge upfront that McDavid at #2 will cause people to scream “SAMPLE SIZE!!” so I just came here to do that.

A large portion of this list only had 2 or 3 good seasons during this decade.

Makes me even more upset the Rangers didnt go all-in for some of those seasons.

I've been thinking about this. People always hold Price up to be the golden god of goaltending but his career stats are almost exactly the same as Hank's and Hank has had WAY more post season success.

Yeah I’ve never gotten the argument on Price over Lundqvist either. As you said , virtually identical numbers, hardware is similar, though Price has a Hart, yet Lundqvist has the better post season resume.

They are essentially the same goaltender

I think the Price mystique or favoritism comes from him being the anointed one in Montreal more than anything. Top-5 pick, in the league at 20 and a Star right away.

But they are achingly close.

Yeah I’ve never gotten the argument on Price over Lundqvist either. As you said , virtually identical numbers, hardware is similar, though Price has a Hart, yet Lundqvist has the better post season resume.

They are essentially the same goaltender

I think the Price mystique or favoritism comes from him being the anointed one in Montreal more than anything. Top-5 pick, in the league at 20 and a Star right away.

But they are achingly close.

Lundqvist played for very good teams that always made the playoffs. Price was never as lucky with the team in front of him.