• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#32) Rangers @ Anaheim Ducks // I'll Bet it Starts with a 'W'

Phil

Who was the Player of the Game?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the Player of the Game?

• Mika Zibanejad
    • Artemi Panarin
    • Adam Fox
    • Henrik Lundqvist
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He started playing better, but I'd argue the momentum completely shifted because of 2 pretty shit goals given up IMO. At least the 2nd one. I didnt get a clean look on the first one.

Objectively he is not having a good season. What the hell was he doing so far out of his net on the 2nd goal? He's utter garbage in shootouts. The team plays better in front of Georgiev, period.

Nah. Impossible to say.

This is the story of Hank. He stops 8 that should go in, lesson 4 that shouldn't.

I don't see how you put this all on the tendy after the second period.

It wasn't all Henrik's fault. It still would have been a W with Georgiev in net because he's been objectively far better than Henrik this year. The 2nd and 3rd goals weren't even close to being good goals. Father time catches everyone.

It wasn't all Henrik's fault. It still would have been a W with Georgiev in net because he's been objectively far better than Henrik this year. The 2nd and 3rd goals weren't even close to being good goals. Father time catches everyone.
Well of you subscribe to Geo never gives a bad goal... Sure. That's not true, but you seem to have your mind made up..

Well, you didn't say that either.

You said it's a W with Geo in net which is simply impossible to say.

I didn't say that?

I simply like my chances on Georgiev making more saves than Henrik today, especially with the way both are currently playing.

I don't want to jump on the anti-Lundqvist band wagon, but he does let in some bad ones especially at bad times (late in the third) last 2 years. And shootouts have been awful. Every time were up 1 goal in the shootout and we've got a chance to win it on the next up, i'm thinking "please get this so its not riding on Lundqvist." and sure enough, they don't and he can't make 1 more save in the shootout to win it.

But, I'd put him back in the next game. I think he needs a little more playing time.

That should have been a win and Hank lost them the game. Harsh, but it's reality. That second goal was shocking.

What's even worse, is that with two years remaining on his deal people are going to start to turn on him. It's becoming clearer every day that he's the 3rd best option.

• Like 1

Let me rephrase: I think that's a win with Georgiev in net instead of Lundqvist. There. Does that appease you from taking it so literally?
It appeases me greatly.

That said, Geo probably makes the saves Lundy didn't and also likely lets in a couple that Lundy stopped and shouldn't have.

The goalies (meaning ours) weren't the difference in a game where they had 1 shot in the 2nd period.

I was a little more focused on Kreider, and how much he absolutely blows. He's Mr. Neutral Zone turnover...There's just too much to list with his game...or should I say "the lack of it". They can't get rid of him soon enough. He doesn't even suck...he swallows!

I'm going back on my opinion on Fast though; The guy's been strong on this trip, and I'd like to see him continue that trend. He looks like the Jesper Fast I remember a few years ago.

Yeah Hank looked like shit on those goals, but Pete's right; He stopped about 4 or 5 that should've dented the twine. The team looked like they wanted to get the hell outta Dodge and at least they got a point. One day we'll win those games...