• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

General Golf Thread

Vodka Drunkenski

14 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

Great win for the nation of Canada

Major props to the security guard for the great tackle on Adam Hadwin celebrating with his friend.

It wasn't on camera, but it sounded like it was a game-saving tackle!!  LOL

You actually see Taylor's caddy yelling at the security guy.

Taylor was and is the only Canadian I have faith in to get it done. Very good pedigree, good putter. Conners is a top 30 guy but folds easy. Absolutely brutal putter.

Very special moment, probably watched it 100 times. Gave up my Sunday tix to my boss, but a great hangover day.

Wasn't really thrilled with Oakdale. Very mysterious Thompson track that nobody had seen. They fucked with the routing something fierce. 18 was so bad it became good, though lol

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Taylor was and is the only Canadian I have faith in to get it done. Very good pedigree, good putter. Conners is a top 30 guy but folds easy. Absolutely brutal putter.

Very special moment, probably watched it 100 times. Gave up my Sunday tix to my boss, but a great hangover day.

Wasn't really thrilled with Oakdale. Very mysterious Thompson track that nobody had seen. They fucked with the routing something fierce. 18 was so bad it became good, though lol

Totally agree on 18. At first I was like wtf is this shit and then by the end I was fully on board.

• 2 weeks later...

Played 18 on monday. Great way to celebrate Juneteenth, playing golf with other white guys!

played teams of 2, best score on a team wins the hole. I won us 1 hole lol, knocked one in from off the green to get a big par to win the front 9

my teammate is just a buddy whose insanely good at golf but i got to contribute lol.

back 9 I was +3 through the first 5 and feeling real good. then 2 doubles and a triple bogey brought me down to earth, like usual lol

• TroCheckmark 1

1 hour ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Played 18 on monday. Great way to celebrate Juneteenth, playing golf with other white guys!

played teams of 2, best score on a team wins the hole. I won us 1 hole lol, knocked one in from off the green to get a big par to win the front 9

my teammate is just a buddy whose insanely good at golf but i got to contribute lol.

back 9 I was +3 through the first 5 and feeling real good. then 2 doubles and a triple bogey brought me down to earth, like usual lol

It's those 5 "beers at the turn" that may cause that drop off!  LOL

Nah man, sounds like you guys had a really great day!  I'm heading out next week in quest of returning to my old game.  I haven't played a whole lot in the last 5 years but it's in me someplace...I know it!!!  😉

• Believe 1

• 2 weeks later...

Played 3rd 4 man scramble in past two weeks. I think I could do it every day until I died of consumption. Team golf is just such a blast.

Pretty much balancing golf with divorce at this point. I'm about 50 rounds/year. She understands my need to compete, but I'm at the limit. Total golf degenerate. Have it down to a 7, and a traveling 7 at that. Never played a sport this frustrating and addicting. 

Just put the ZX5's in the bag with a new Tri-Hot 7. So also balancing a pending bankruptcy with divorce lol. Don't care. Gotta keep playing.

• Cheers 1
  • Applause 2

• 1 month later...

West Sayville yesterday:

2nd Hole

Par 3 - 144 Yards

I take out a 7 iron, because it was a little early still and I didn't feel like leaving a Cocoa Puff in my shorts, trying to reach with an 8 iron.  The pin's in the front-middle and between 2 slopes on the left and right.

I hit this thing absolutely perfect, it high arcing, majestic shot, that starts curving in from right to left, and I can just feel this is tracking perfectly.  The ball hits the green on the right slope and start rolling across the green; heading right for the stick....

The ball boinks off the fucking stick and sits right next to the hole, laying a mere inch from the promised land!!!  How that fucking thing didn't go in is beyond me!! 

Anyway, I finished with a pretty solid 71, which is (-1) for the day.  It's been about 4 years since I broke par due to lack of playing, covid and whatever other bullshit reason I can give for basically not playing very much over the last 4 years.   My best advice for anyone who wants to be even decent at this silly ass game, is:  Don't ever stop playing/practicing!!  It's way too hard to get it back!!!

The best part was watching the reactions of the 3 guys they paired me up with.  Three retired friends that play every week together.  One of them comes up to me at the end, and tells me he's never even seen a guy break 90 before.  He asked me on the 18th green, "what's the putt for?".  He almost shit himself when I said 70!  I was still laughing when I got over the putt, so of course I missed the 12 footer.  But it was totally worth the laugh.

I used to play about 50 or 60 times a year, back in my 30's....I'm almost sorry I stopped for so long.  But at least I found something to keep me busy in between hockey seasons!!

This summer, as long as it has seemed, was made a little easier by getting out and whacking the ball around....I forgot about how summer goes when I'm actually occupied!

If I could just get those random 7's out of my scoresheet I'd be getting really good by now

7 on the first hole, then 7 bogeys in a row and a par to finish off 9

then was +11 on the back 9.

im playing like a new dad who doesnt get to hit enough these days though lol. 

once these kids start daycare I am so taking days off of work and golfing all week

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

If I could just get those random 7's out of my scoresheet I'd be getting really good by now

7 on the first hole, then 7 bogeys in a row and a par to finish off 9

then was +11 on the back 9.

im playing like a new dad who doesnt get to hit enough these days though lol. 

once these kids start daycare I am so taking days off of work and golfing all week

Do it BBB!!  I put it off for so long, and kinda lost a little of the touch.  I've been busting my balls this summer to regain my old swing and touch.  I'm never putting it down again.  I never even realized how much I loved to play, until I got back into it this year.

Next year I'm getting out earlier, weather permitting....I ain't doin' that waiting shit anymore!!  LOL

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Just a general rant:

How fucking stupid is it that the PGA schedules probably the MOST entertaining tournament of the year (The WM Phoenix Open) on the same day as the Super Bowl???

That 16th Hole stadium crowd at TPC Scottsdale is absolutely out of their minds fun, and it's such a great event.  The Super Bowl started just as the leaders were making the turn to head to the back 9.  I was pulling for Charlie Hoffman, and I never got to see Taylor win it after watching all weekend! 

What a shame!

They had shitty weather, crazy wind, frost delays, and the temps were about 40 degrees in the desert the first 3 days.  Next week's weather calls for temps in the 70's there, and on top of that there ain't a fucking thing to watch on TV.

Way to go, PGA.....Fucking dumb asses!

They've always had it the week of the Superbowl, and it wasn't really an issue until this year when weather delays caused them to run up on half of the game. Usually, they have final round tee-times early enough that the tournament is over like an hour before kickoff. It's just a freak thing to have that kind of weather in the desert on consecutive days.

The Pebble Beach debacle last week is a different story. The weather there is always shitty this time of year. 

34 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

They've always had it the week of the Superbowl, and it wasn't really an issue until this year when weather delays caused them to run up on half of the game. Usually, they have final round tee-times early enough that the tournament is over like an hour before kickoff. It's just a freak thing to have that kind of weather in the desert on consecutive days.

The Pebble Beach debacle last week is a different story. The weather there is always shitty this time of year. 

I think it's time to re-think that schedule, Morph.  Shit happens...and it fucked it all up.  Make it a week later....switch the Riviera tourney with it.

22 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I think it's time to re-think that schedule, Morph.  Shit happens...and it fucked it all up.  Make it a week later....switch the Riviera tourney with it.

I definitely think they need to look at it. The PGA Tour will be totally different next year anyway. 

56 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

I definitely think they need to look at it. The PGA Tour will be totally different next year anyway. 

They've had a few Faux Pas the last several years already...Nothing new under the sun I suppose.  I was just pissed because I LOVE that 16th hole crowd!  No Aces this year anyway!

But here's the last one for your enjoyment!

...Place....went....FUCKING NUTS!!!

14 hours ago, Dunny said:

I like where it is, it's pretty much become the primary appetizer for the Superbowl, almost would feel weird without it, now.

I just didn't like missing it.  I waited all winter for this one, and it ran right into the Super Bowl.

I know...the weather sucked and the delays had everything to do with it, but I'm still a little disappointed that I didn't get to catch the ending.  I recorded it, but it wasn't the same.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Anyone who likes doing outings, my Veteran team is having a fundraiser this June.

GPaqGPt.jpeg

This might work, Jimmy!  If you need a partner, lemme know.

We'll talk at Old City!

35 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Oh I don't golf.  I am terrible at it.  Just offering to those who do enjoy golfing lol.

Ahhh too bad, man.  We could win that one!