• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#66) Rangers at Dallas Stars // We Here to Catch a Big D and a Big L

Phil

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Top 2, or it wont matter. 3 is a bad spot.

From the little I've read on this draft by Wheeler and Pronman it seems there's a very clear top 2 and then an equally clear 3-9 in which all the players are interchangeable depending on what you're looking for. Unless they start winning again it seems like the Rangers are getting a really good player either way.

I dunno. I know move-up trades don't happen a lot, but going from three to two is a lot easier than 12 to two. Or six to midnight. Wait, what?

With the drastic drop off in talent after 2, moving up from 12 or 3 is just as improbable.

Depends who they want. I don't think they'll be using the rankings that we see as a guide.

Indeed. I'd imagine they'd love to trade, say, the 6th, 24th, and 31st picks for the 3rd, to draft the 18th-ranked North American skater. :rofl:

He is so much like McDonagh in that he plays 5x better when he's pissed off.

I'm not even sure what made him mad, but in the third period he turned it up.

Everyone is better when they?re pissed off. That?s why a shit-stirer is paramount to your lineup.

How about that officiating last night!!! Woooo Hoooo!!!! Great stuff!!! LOL

Didn't it seem as though the NHL was actually better off with 3 referees back in the day. They have 4 out there now...with video...and they still make too many absolutely fucking terrible calls. Not that it makes much of a difference because these games are meaningless, but Jesus!! That "slash" by Skjei was just a terrible call. That ref should be fired for that crap!

..and Zibby's boarding call???

Are they kidding me with that shit? :rofl:

That crew should NEVER be able to ref a playoff game....EVER!

I don't know, maybe the referees back when were just better...guys like Andy Van Hellomond, Art Skov, Bill McCreary and some of those linesman were money...guys like John D'Amico, Swede Knox, etc...

I?m genuinely curious as to what your expectations are/were for this season.
The only expectations I've had was that they're able to execute by making good passes and showing a little life. Their passing was atrocious and when they actually shot the puck it was blocked or wide. They're professional athletes in the NHL and many nights they can't handle simple hockey 101 and it's pathetic.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

by that logic im not sure how a shit-stirrer is beneficial to your club. shit-stirrers piss of the other team players.

They involve the other team, yes, but they require your own team to get involved in after-whistle-scrums and other chippy play which leads to other things. It's a slippery slope. You need people to stir the pot, otherwise it's practice.

The only expectations I've had was that they're able to execute by making good passes and showing a little life. Their passing was atrocious and when they actually shot the puck it was blocked or wide. They're professional athletes in the NHL and many nights they can't handle simple hockey 101 and it's pathetic.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

You just rattled off 4 things as your "only" expectation.

My point is, you're supremely negative after every loss, kind of like a rabid dog just looking for anything to bite. You might have more fun if you see this for what it is.

You just rattled off 4 things as your "only" expectation.

My point is, you're supremely negative after every loss, kind of like a rabid dog just looking for anything to bite. You might have more fun if you see this for what it is.

Supremely negative, rabid dog, seriously?

• 2 weeks later...
Didn't know where to post this, and haven't been as active as I should be for the past few weeks, so perhaps I missed this...

But the league rescinded the boarding call on Mika.

Expecting one that reads similarly for Lemieux's.

Archived