• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Carp: Hayes to Jets, Heating Up?

Phil

Bob McKenzie

Bob McKenzie

@TSNBobMcKenzie

?

1h

NYR getting good action on Zuccarello. Could go for a second rounder and a prospect perhaps. If the return on Kevin Hayes is soft, I could see NYR keeping him and trying to sign him. McQuad will go for at least what they gave up: 4th and 7th rders

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't say that. But it could be a defenseman who gets us started in the right direction and can become a part of the long term solution.

Hayes -> Panarin is not even close to a lateral move.

It's lateral in the sense that you've filled one hole and created another. Yes, Panarin is a much better player than Hayes, but is your team really better if you are giving a #3c top-6 minutes?

It's lateral in the sense that you've filled one hole and created another. Yes, Panarin is a much better player than Hayes, but is your team really better if you are giving a #3c top-6 minutes?

It's not all about being a playoff contender next year. To me it is about being that 2-3 years from now. At that point, yes I'd hedge my bets that Panarin is still better than Hayes and Chytil grows into a 2C. Doesn't have to happen in 1 year for Chytil.

Joe Fortunato

Joe Fortunato

@JoeFortunatoBSB

?

36m

Talked about this on the pod this week, but the Hayes market probably goes from soft to red-hot the moment Duchene moves. Teams who missed out on him are going to gun hard to not miss on Hayes, and that's fine, too. Friedman speculated that with Columbus.

Joe Fortunato

Joe Fortunato

@JoeFortunatoBSB

?

42m

Hayes makes almost too much sense for Columbus. Bigger body Torts covets, can help down the middle, could replace some offense if they do move on from Panarin ...

It's not all about being a playoff contender next year. To me it is about being that 2-3 years from now. At that point, yes I'd hedge my bets that Panarin is still better than Hayes and Chytil grows into a 2C. Doesn't have to happen in 1 year for Chytil.

I guess I just don't like putting the team in a situation where Chytil HAS to be a 2c. That's a lot of eggs in one basket and, if it doesn't work, then you're trying to trade for Hayes later on anyway.

Now that Zuccs if off to Dallas. It?s Hayes turn. The rumor of Nashville being interested has been brought up. Could we get Dante Fabbro( 2016 1st Rd pick), David Farrance ( 2017 3rd Rd pick) & Patrick Harper (2016 5th Rd pick) for Hayes. All 3 were coached by Quinn last year at BU, and are actually still playing at BU this year?Quinn should have a 1st Hans scouting report on all 3.

Saw a rumor where it says we are interested in Andrew Mangiapane and Juuso Villimaki. Neither one seems to be impressive.

Rumor from where? This isn't how we share reports here. Please link to the tweet or at least reference who sent it.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Ny post dated 2/23 Larry brooks article

Titled: Rangers need to avoid awkward Chris Kreider deadline limbo

It is the second time in two years the Rangers will use the deadline, which this time comes Monday at 3 p.m., to send away top performers in exchange for draft picks and maybe-prospects. The Flames, Jets and Bruins are believed interested in Hayes, but are waiting for resolution on the Mark Stone situation in Ottawa before getting down to the nitty gritty with Rangers general manager Jeff Gorton. The Rangers could be interested in Calgary youngsters Andrew Mangiapane and Juuso Valimaki, the former a nearly 23-year-old winger, the latter a 20-year-old defenseman.

Archived