• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#40) Rangers at Colorado Avalanche // Let's Get Rocky Mountain High

High and Wide

They don't have to get Hughes. They just need to get into the most optimal position they can to have a shot at him, and if not him, then Kakko, and if not him, then Podkolzin, Dach, Cozens, or whomever. Get the best draft position possible. Hard stop.

Let’s remember this post and if somehow bonehead Gortin or skull face Sather picks one of those you mentioned I will buy you a beer somehow from Arizona!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I should have bet on ugly. Fuck hope.

At Coyotes next... and if Stepan rallies the troops, hello, tailspin! Knights, Home and home with the Islanders, Blue Jackets, Hurricanes, Blackhawks, Flyers, Devils, Lightning.

I'm feeling a 2-8 or 3-7 stretch that puts NYR squarely in also-ran category.

Rangers are only 6 points from the bottom of the table with 42 games to go. It's very possible they sink into the bottom 3 of the league.

They are not getting Hughes. Possible that they drop to bottom 3 but not likely. IMO I see them ending at 7-8. As the season goes on the teams below them will also start to coast as they see their playoff chances dwindle. The Rangers are in the 10 spot now, IMO I see the Panthers/Devils jumping over them, maybe Arizona. The rest of the teams below them are 4+ points below them and going to tank too. Detroit is 2 points behind the Rangers but in for lose for Hughes too. Imperative for the Rangers to lose to all the teams they face that are below them to have a chance to fall further.

I?m with Phil at this point, just lose enough to try and get the best possible spot to get another guy besides Hughes bc that is very unlikely at this point.

Also 6 points from the bottom but 8 points from a playoff spot, [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Ryan Graves scores yeah wait the Rangers traded a 6?5??D for a Chris Burgas who 6?1??D. Steller move Sather and wow impressive stats in 46 games at Hartford

We could call up Bigras, and he would put produce more offence than Graves, would that mean we won the trade? No, because neither are NHL D men.

They are not getting Hughes. Possible that they drop to bottom 3 but not likely. IMO I see them ending at 7-8. As the season goes on the teams below them will also start to coast as they see their playoff chances dwindle. The Rangers are in the 10 spot now, IMO I see the Panthers/Devils jumping over them, maybe Arizona. The rest of the teams below them are 4+ points below them and going to tank too. Detroit is 2 points behind the Rangers but in for lose for Hughes too. Imperative for the Rangers to lose to all the teams they face that are below them to have a chance to fall further.

I’m with Phil at this point, just lose enough to try and get the best possible spot to get another guy besides Hughes bc that is very unlikely at this point.

Or lose a spot, like they did last year.

We could call up Bigras, and he would put produce more offence than Graves, would that mean we won the trade? No, because neither are NHL D men.

Plus McQuaid is 6'7"? Who cares how big anyone is anymore?

You could be 5'5" or 6'5", if you can't skate, you're done.

I’m with Phil at this point, just lose enough to try and get the best possible spot to get another guy besides Hughes bc that is very unlikely at this point.

Hughes or no Hughes, it doesn't matter. The lower they sink the better. That's my point. It's still very possible they fall all the way down with more than half the season to play.

They have the worst ROW in the league, law of averages says it'll catch up to them. I'm very hopeful it will.

Even the worst team in the league only has an 18.5% chance of getting the top pick. Tanking not worth making your team a losing organization and making good players less likely to want to sign with you.
Sod16 ~ Abso-fing-lutey. This team needs to make some dynamite trades to better this miserable lot. All their off season signings really did nothing in the way of bettering the team. I wish the owner had the balls to get rid of the upper management.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Even the worst team in the league only has an 18.5% chance of getting the top pick. Tanking not worth making your team a losing organization and making good players less likely to want to sign with you.

Sod16 ~ Abso-fing-lutey. This team needs to make some dynamite trades to better this miserable lot. All their off season signings really did nothing in the way of bettering the team. I wish the owner had the balls to get rid of the upper management.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

So weird how many of those dynamic trades target players drafted in the top-five of the Entry Draft. Pure coincidence, eh?

Anybody else.

You're good to go with McQuaid, Claesson, McCleod, Vesey ? Really. If I need to explain that, then maybe you should stick to badminton.

Right? Why didn't they force Tavares to sign? The players have no say.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

This proves that there wasn’t anyone else

Could have pursued JT, or gone after JVR, Bozak, Stastny, Neal, Grabner, Nash, as some suggested on here.

Trade wise, Seguin, Karlsson, Panarin.

Still looking like waiting for summer 2019 was the better option. Although I do understand the frustration.

Archived