• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Grading David Quinn as the Rangers Head Coach

CBrowningPI

My main issue with Quinn is that he doesn't change up the line combinations when they are clear as day stale. He sticks with the same line combos, guys need to be moved around. I also don't get what his fascination is with Namestnikov, he gives him so many chances and the guy isn't producing what he should be.

he hustles

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have gave him an A+ 6 weeks ago. Now, it's probably a B-.

I like the attitude but he hasn't been able to improve the team defence and that's a big concern for me. They essentially look the same as the AV teams after the deadline last year.

You can only put so much makeup on a pig though.

I doubt even Scotty Bowman at the height of his powers would’ve gotten much mileage out of this troupe of clowns.

B- is probably a fair grade however.

idk, Tortorella did more with some pretty bad rosters, honestly.

We’re discussing improving the D, and Torts never had to deal with a d-corps anywhere near as shit as this one.

I mean...Torts made got them to the playoffs with Roszival/Redden and Staal/Girardi as the top 4.

They were better than now, but Torts got them to buy into a system that a) hid flaws of their D and b) played to their strengths.

Archived