• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Send F Lias Andersson to HFD

Phil

Well he's in the NHL so maybe you'd be better off defining what you think not good is?

"He's in the NHL," isn't interchangeable with good. Cody McLeod, who we both agree is objectively awful, is "in the NHL."

Strome in the red in most columns that put teams in the black. That spans traditional boxcars to fancy stats.

He's on pace to score about what a high-end fourth-line player would (20 points) despite apparently having been "very good since coming over," has been a minus-player in every season but the one he played with Tavares, has seen his P/GP production fall well below his career average by nearly a tenth of a percentage since playing with Tavares, is a negative relative corsi and fenwick player in four of his last five seasons (both of which have exploded into the negative with the Rangers thus far), and has a negative expected plus/minus in all seasons but the one he played with Tavares (notice the trend).

He is neither adept nor inpet on either special teams, either, making him by most measures, the definition of mediocrity. I could go on, but I think this sums it up pretty well.

He's a warm body who most clubs (competitive ones especially) should be actively looking to replace as quickly as possible. The only reason we're not is because the Rangers are a tire fire at the moment.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"He's in the NHL," isn't interchangeable with good. Cody McLeod, who we both agree is objectively awful, is "in the NHL."

Strome in the red in most columns that put teams in the black. That spans traditional boxcars to fancy stats.

He's on pace to score about what a high-end fourth-line player would (20 points) despite apparently having been "very good since coming over," has been a minus-player in every season but the one he played with Tavares, has seen his P/GP production fall well below his career average by nearly a tenth of a percentage since playing with Tavares, is a negative relative corsi and fenwick player in four of his last five seasons (both of which have exploded into the negative with the Rangers thus far), and has a negative expected plus/minus in all seasons but the one he played with Tavares (notice the trend).

He is neither adept nor inpet on either special teams, either, making him by most measures, the definition of mediocrity. I could go on, but I think this sums it up pretty well.

He's a warm body who most clubs (competitive ones especially) should be actively looking to replace as quickly as possible. The only reason we're not is because the Rangers are a tire fire at the moment.

OK so despite a long post you didn't answer what a good player is or what Strome has done... As... A... Ranger ...

OK so despite a long post you didn't answer what a good player is or what Strome has done... As... A... Ranger ...

I answered exactly what you asked. What I think makes not a good player. Negative shot share, falling P/GP, negative plus-minus, negative expected metrics, etc. The more of these a player owns, the worse he is.

Strome is on pace for 19 points this season. This is including his time with the Rangers where despite a small increase in P/GP (still south of his career average), almost every analytics category of his has exploded into the negative since the deal. A handful of opportunistic goals doesn't erase this. They're basically a small collection of bright spots in a sea of mediocrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I answered exactly what you asked. What I think makes not a good player. Negative shot share, falling P/GP, negative plus-minus, negative expected metrics, etc. The more of these a player owns, the worse he is.

Strome is on pace for 19 points this season. This is including his time with the Rangers where despite a small increase in P/GP (still south of his career average), almost every analytics category of his has exploded into the negative since the deal. A handful of opportunistic goals doesn't erase this. They're basically a small collection of bright spots in a sea of mediocrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

OK. Whatever.

I guess my point is that this isn't a hard roster to crack, but he can't crack it

Yes it is. There’s a lot of good players. Like McLeod and Strome. You said it yourself.

He probably complained about having to play a stereotypical 80s 4th line role with guys like McLeod.

Yes it is. There?s a lot of good players. Like McLeod and Strome. You said it yourself.

He probably complained about having to play a stereotypical 80s 4th line role with guys like McLeod.

LOL OK. Keep arguing that Callandersson should have a top 6 role handed to him.

Archived