• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PIT Re-Signs F Jake Guentzel to 5-Year/$30M Extension; $6M AAV

Phil

The Pittsburgh Penguins have re-signed forward Jake Guentzel to a five-year contract extension, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Jim Rutherford.

The deal begins with the 2019-20 season and runs through the 2023-24 campaign, and it carries an average annual value of $6 million.

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/penguins-re-sign-guentzel/c-303278024

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

And people think Hayes won't get $6m on the open market...

Crosby has either the primary assist or the goal on 20 of 33 points, Guentzel is just along for the ride. Hayes is the opposite of that.

Yea but when you think about Crosby's career, there's only ever been 3 guys who were ever in the car when he was driving. Dupuis, Kunitz and now Guentzel. So for Pittsburgh, this is worth it.

Nothing to do with Hayes, tho. He's going to get 7. For sure. And I've got not interest in paying both him and Krieder.

Yea but when you think about Crosby's career, there's only ever been 3 guys who were ever in the car when he was driving. Dupuis, Kunitz and now Guentzel. So for Pittsburgh, this is worth it.

Nothing to do with Hayes, tho. He's going to get 7. For sure. And I've got not interest in paying both him and Krieder.

Hornqvist and Sheary both were 20-goal, 50-point players with him too. Guentzel fits now, who knows where he'll fit in 2 years.

They had to pay him, I guess, but they've never struggled to find production on Crosby's win.

Hornqvist and Sheary both were 20-goal, 50-point players with him too. Guentzel fits now, who knows where he'll fit in 2 years.

They had to pay him, I guess, but they've never struggled to find production on Crosby's win.

That's not true. If Crosby is scoring 100+ and his wingers are scoring 50, I'd say that's struggling. 20 goals on Sid's wing? That's a sick joke.

Hornqvist was popping in 20 a year in Nashville.

The story for forever has been finding wingers for Crosby.

That's not true. If Crosby is scoring 100+ and his wingers are scoring 50, I'd say that's struggling. 20 goals on Sid's wing? That's a sick joke.

Kunitz was only a 30-goal player twice. Dupuis only was once and both did it in the lockout season. So, we're talking 2 seasons where Crosby has ever had a 30-goal winger. Guentzel, Sheary, Hornqvist, Malone are just as productive as the others. So yea, he could have had better wingers, but it's not like he's ever played with a 40-goal guy, so that story never really needed to exist.

He's also racked up a ton of points with Malkin over the years anyway, especially on the PP.

Yup. It's why they wanted Marchand.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Kunitz was only a 30-goal player twice. Dupuis only was once and both did it in the lockout season. So, we're talking 2 seasons where Crosby has ever had a 30-goal winger. Guentzel, Sheary, Hornqvist, Malone are just as productive as the others. So yea, he could have had better wingers, but it's not like he's ever played with a 40-goal guy, so that story never really needed to exist.

He's also racked up a ton of points with Malkin over the years anyway, especially on the PP.

Yea you're right. Probably explains the deals they made for Guerin, Hossa, Kessel...

Archived