• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Slats' Best Signing?

Phil

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, you forgot total points as well as the next two and a half seasons. Whoops. He had one 40+ goal season and was a perennial playoff failure. While Gaborik put up 75+ points in two of his three seasons including a 40/40 season. Gaborik was a game breaker for time he was here. Nash wasn't on the same level.

Maybe a chart will make it easier...

[table=width: 500, class: grid]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[td]Gaborik[/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td]Nash[/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[td]Games[/td]

[td]Goals[/td]

[td]Assists[/td]

[td]Points[/td]

[td][/td]

[td]Games[/td]

[td]Goals[/td]

[td]Assists[/td]

[td]Points[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Year 1[/td]

[td]76[/td]

[td]42[/td]

[td]44[/td]

[td]86[/td]

[td][/td]

[td]44[/td]

[td]21[/td]

[td]21[/td]

[td]42[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Year 2[/td]

[td]62[/td]

[td]22[/td]

[td]26[/td]

[td]48[/td]

[td][/td]

[td]65[/td]

[td]26[/td]

[td]13[/td]

[td]39[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Year 3[/td]

[td]82[/td]

[td]41[/td]

[td]35[/td]

[td]76[/td]

[td][/td]

[td]79[/td]

[td]42[/td]

[td]27[/td]

[td]69[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Year 4[/td]

[td]35[/td]

[td]9[/td]

[td]10[/td]

[td]19[/td]

[td][/td]

[td]60[/td]

[td]15[/td]

[td]21[/td]

[td]36[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Pretty dang similar unless you're blaming Nash for the lockout.

Slats' two best moves were fortuitous. Lunquist was drafted as an afterthought and was Maloney's idea, overriding the scouting director. Slats says he had never seen McDonaugh play before the Gomez trade, and the trade was obviously the product of compromising photos of Bob Gainey in Slats' possession given that you could not give Gomez away at the time with his contract. I was so stunned by the trade I immediately contacted another team's beat writer who I knew who was covering the June meeting. He said the whole hockey world was dumbfounded by Gainey's move.

Nylander for me. the chemistry between him, Jagr and Straka was the best I've seen on the rangers ever

It still pisses me off that that they let him walk. They should have kept him, and then picked one of Gomez or Drury. Not both.

Mindblowing that a GM would not know a guy who was drafted in the 1st round just a year or so prior. Thankfully there was a scout who thought well of McD, though the move was mostly to get rid of Gomez for any decent prospect. We got lucky we were dealing with Gainey.

i mean it just has to be mac hands down. not only cause we fleeced montreal but we flipped mac for some good looking players. Howden was a steal, hajek down in the A doing well, and Names who is serviceable.

just the gift that keeps on giving

That wasn't a free agent signing...

i mean it just has to be mac hands down. not only cause we fleeced montreal but we flipped mac for some good looking players. Howden was a steal, hajek down in the A doing well, and Names who is serviceable.

just the gift that keeps on giving

What about JT Miller

He's playing about 13 minutes a night. I'd say that honeymoon has ended.

Where do you get this stuff LOL? 15+ a night and on pace for 54 points, which is right there with where he normally comes in.

He's slotting in on the right side behind Gourde and Kucherov. Kuch is their "2nd line RW".

He's fine.

Where do you get this stuff LOL? 15+ a night and on pace for 54 points, which is right there with where he normally comes in.

He's slotting in on the right side behind Gourde and Kucherov. Kuch is their "2nd line RW".

He's fine.

Last 5 games he's played 12:03. I assume that's what Dunny's referring to.

Yeah, and zero PP time.

I'm not ragging on him, he's an offensive upgrade on the guy he replaced, but he's also a complete meathead.

Yea he's a mouth breather for sure.

But not getting PP time on Tampa Bay is kind of a who gives a fuck? They have 15 guys who can contribute to a PP and only 10 spots.

He is fine in a sense, but they're going to have to pay Point, and Gourde next year and then Sergachev, Cirrelli and Joseph after that. All while replacing Girardi and Coburn somehow.

I think he's gone sooner rather than later.

Gourde is signed long term.

I don't think they really need to shed a contract, they only have $73m committed next year. But if they do, Cally will absolutely be the first guy they try to move - and they should be able to with only one year left - then it's probably between Miller, Killorn, and Palat. Out of the 3, Palat is the worst and most expensive, but he might be tough to move.

Gourde is signed long term.

I don't think they really need to shed a contract, they only have $73m committed next year. But if they do, Cally will absolutely be the first guy they try to move - and they should be able to with only one year left - then it's probably between Miller, Killorn, and Palat.

Almost certainly Killorn, who'll be 30.

Almost certainly Killorn, who'll be 30.

Eh, toss up between him and Palat, who sucks and is more expensive. The problem is that neither guy would get you anything in return I don't think.

Miller could get you a younger roster player and a pick, whereas Killorn would just be the pick. Like, they might prefer to trade Miller for Sprong and a 2nd than Killorn for a 5th.

Archived