• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers' Hayes Drawing Early Interest

Blue Heaven

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure what you're advocating here, but surely your not suggesting we sign Hayes on the money he wants only to turn around and flip him.

On O'Reilly, he's got 21 points in 15 games for the Blues so far which seems decent.

Kinda. Advocating getting fair value out of him and not selling him at a discount. He wants to stay, there is no reason he needs to be sold as a rental. OK signing him and trading him down the road, like any other player.

ROR is doing better than I thought, maybe he is settling in. In fairness, I have not seen him much this year. Whenever I do, he rarely impresses me.

I don't see it.

He'll either be dealt at the deadline or sign a new deal. In the latter scenario he stays with the Rangers at least for the time being. He may or may not be traded at some point in the future, but it's certainly debatable whether he'll be easily moved on the sort of contract he's looking for.

I don't see it.

I understand why you say that, it is not typically done. Honestly though, I did not understand not signing him to 5 x 6 or even 6 x 6. I seemed to not be about the money, but more because of concern about his commitment to being a top player. Especially since he was so overweight at the end of the year. I felt mgmt did not want to reward that and decided to see how he'd play and commit to hockey under Quinn and reassess.

Centers are critical and in short supply. It is our only ticket to a #1RHD, which does not exist in our system. Think Seth Jones trade. Or perhaps one of our C's yields us a right-handed sniper. We must covet our Centers.

To trade Hayes for a late 1st and a B prospect is quantity over quality. Weren't we reluctant to move him during the draft for a late first or a few high seconds from Montreal? I heard a rumor (unsubstantiated) we wanted a mid to high first for him.

I'd rather combine assets to Hayes and get one very valuable and needed piece.

Archived