• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers/Islanders Preseason Game #5 ? 9/26/18 ? 7pm, MSG

Phil

Couple of wrak ones on Hank tonight. Looks poised to do his part in getting the top draft pick next year.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

With the performance tonight and possibly the regular season, we might as well lock up a top-ten pick

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The issue is that as he's further exposed as not even really being capable of playing in this league at all anymore, which I increasingly suspect is the case, he's not going to be magnanimous about it. He's going to be a douchebag. I don't think that's very good for the environment.

He needs to become the back-up playing 15-25 games ASAP. He can hide his ineptitude better that way, save embarrassment and try to catch lightning in a bottle in small sample sizes.

Shestyorkin has to be the #1 next year.

How can this team play an up-tempo, relentless style of hockey all season knowing that their efforts are cancelled out by poor goaltending? It crushes the will of the team and gets them accustomed to a losing mentality. How can that help their development?

It's been nice to see our coach behind the bench without his jaw flapping. Is Quinn really intense or is he an alien?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

This exactly. Not sure what some people are expecting from this team but they are going to be bad, which is fine, higher pick, build towards the future. This is the first of a few learning seasons.

Exactly. Some cant accept rebuilding which i understand. But this is the consequences of going for it every year for 5 years trading firsts and second round picks every trade deadline. Now we have done a good job the last two drafts but its gonna be a rough couple seasons. Thats fine because we will add more high picks and let the kids grow

How can this team play an up-tempo, relentless style of hockey all season knowing that their efforts are cancelled out by poor goaltending? It crushes the will of the team and gets them accustomed to a losing mentality. How can that help their development?

It's been nice to see our coach behind the bench without his jaw flapping. Is Quinn really intense or is he an alien?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Teams always played harder in front of backup goalies.

Maybe carrying Lundqvist's ass will be the thing that brings the team together.

Wow.... Hank's the guy that carried our team for the first half of the season last year. He's always been a slow starter. We all know this. So, I'm quite surprised that everyone is ready to park his ass on the end of the bench.

Has he looked good in preseason? No, not at all. Does it matter? Nope. He'll be fine. He certainly won't be an anchor on this team.

Wow.... Hank's the guy that carried our team for the first half of the season last year. He's always been a slow starter. We all know this. So, I'm quite surprised that everyone is ready to park his ass on the end of the bench.

Has he looked good in preseason? No, not at all. Does it matter? Nope. He'll be fine. He certainly won't be an anchor on this team.

Wow... Carried our team for the first half of the season? I guess people do believe Sam and Joe's play by play analysis. The only thing Hank carried was a heavy paycheck to the bank.

Wow... Carried our team for the first half of the season? I guess people do believe Sam and Joe's play by play analysis. The only thing Hank carried was a heavy paycheck to the bank.

From the start of the season to mid-January Hank was 20-11 with a .925 SV% and 2.54 GAA. That's tied for 7th in wins, tied for 4th in SV%, and 10th in GAA among goalies with at least 20 appearances at that point in the season.

Somehow we need to move on from Lundqvist solely because of his age. Yes, he was great, carried this team for years but it's time to move on with the rebuild. If there's somehow they can move him by next season, you have to do it IMO.

Almost impossible:

1. NTC

2. Big salary cap hit

3. Very limited in teams thats a contender that would need a goalie. Hank isnt going to waive his NTC to go to a bubble team or non-contender.

Archived