• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Job Thread: Interviews, Negotiations, and Advice

Phil

1 minute ago, rmc51 said:

I’ve been at my company for 5 years. While I know some of my coworkers from face to face interactions pre-covid, turnover and overall moving between positions has reduced interaction with those same people a lot. Mostly reliant on Slack for non-work communication to replace face to face. Web camming for that kind of thing is just awkward. Some can do it though?

A lot of new remote employees have it worse. They are being hired across the country nowhere close to one of our offices to even have an option to go in on occasion, so they usually have a tough time developing a rapport with people to even “shoot the shit” on Slack. It’s a big problem in the new remote working landscape. At the same time, there’s a flood of people who will trade that experience in exchange for working at home. Different strokes…

Yea, attitudes seem to be entirely role based. I don't think companies will ever get to get software engineer types back in an office ever again

6 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Yea, attitudes seem to be entirely role based. I don't think companies will ever get to get software engineer types back in an office ever again

Yeah, probably not everyday that’s for sure. I know there’s engineers at my job who go in one or two days a week since the office near me re-opened. It’s an option for me too, but I’m an hour of traffic away and that’s a tough sell these days…not just in time but fuel cost. I mean I miss the face to face on occasion, but I don’t miss it “waking up a lot earlier just to deal with 2 hrs of traffic” worth.

My staff left and wasn’t replaced during Covid. If they were still around, I’d have no issue going into the office a few times a week. We had fun shooting the shit, bashing company practices and such. 

now, I can go in, talk to literally no one in person all day, and leave. It’s not worth it. 
people that join the organization remotely have a slight disconnect to the culture. With us, it’s probably a good thing 

• 2 months later...

Leaving my job at the end of the money and unfortunately my health coverage doesnt begin until after 60 days of employment at my new job.

I could continue my current coverage but the company im leaving is based out of toronto and the plan they offer me is like $1500 a month so thats not an option.

Tried searching to see if theres a some sort of gap coverage or something I could get for the two months but anytime I try to get any info im bombarded with links to sites that just want you to sign up for nonsense. 

Anyone have any recommendations or advice? I dont want to be left with no coverage with a 4 month old.

@Ozzy dont I remember you saying youre in insurance or something?

Edited by siddious

Just now, siddious said:

Leaving my job at the end of the money and unfortunately my health coverage doesnt begin until after 60 days of employment at my new job.

I could continue my current coverage but the company im leaving is based out of toronto and the plan they offer me is like $1500 a month so thats not an option.

Tried searching to see if theres a some sort of gap coverage or something I could get for the two months but anytime I try to get any info im bombarded with links to sites that just want you to sign up for nonsense. 

Anyone have any recommendations or advice? @Ozzy dont I remember you saying youre in insurance or something?

Call me man...I'll give the scoop!  Yeah that's my gig, Pete!!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, siddious said:

Anyone have any recommendations or advice? I dont want to be left with no coverage with a 4 month old.

@Ozzy dont I remember you saying youre in insurance or something?

How old are you?  Check into Medicaid (State).  This was back in 2015 for me.  I had it for awhile when I was out of work.  I went to the Obama Care website and it pointed me to Nevada State Medicaid.  Applied and was approved.  Might be an option for you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A new PM showed up in my team this week, and low and behold, it's Del Zottos 1st cousin, with the same "M" as a first initial. Sounds exactly like him, too.

Now, when we're on the phone I just picture some Italian dude sitting in his office chair with two leather jackets on.

• LMFAO 1