• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

VGK Re-Sign G Marc-Andre Fleury to 3-Year/$21M Extension; $7M AAV

Phil

How many $7M tendys have lost their net in the playoffs multiple time?
Well Rinne probably should have considering the times he blew it for his team.

That's kind of a bullshit metric since "losing your net" is more a reflection of a coach having the balls to make that kind of move.

But I don't need to keep going since we both have our minds made up.

Guy just took his team to a final and Vegas has cap. You're nuts if you didn't think MAF was getting paid.

A reflection of a coach having the balls to bench a goalie with a sub .900 SV%? Now that's a bullshit metric.

Yes, he did just take his team to the cup final. He, along with half the skaters on his team, all had career years. Doesn't change the fact that Fleury's career numbers are average and he's been wildly inconsistent in the playoffs.

Yes the coach having the balls to bench a $7million goalie in the playoffs.

There are plenty of goalies who have better personal stats in the playoffs than Fleury. Many of them don't have cups or as many finals appearances.

Not really even sure what you're debating anymore. The contract is fair for a goalie with his resume.

The party line used to be he only had success because of Sid, Malkin and Letang. Now it's because half his team had career years. Next year there'll be another qualifier lol.

I've been talking about his consistency issues the entire time. I never said he didn't have a good last year. It was the best year of his career. A career that has been inconsistent. And yes, his win totals and cups a the product of playing with a dominant offensive team.

But his save percentage and GAA are reflective to a offensive team that hung their tender out to dry for years also

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived