• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Why Not Nash?

skunkman

He had 1 assist and was a -9 in the last 7 games of the season, and finished tied for 13th in points per game at Worlds.

in before "the last 10 games don't count"....b/c they do

Well they really don't.

And p/g at world's...go back and count blowouts from USA vs Zimbabwe.

Yea, I mean look he could get his bell rung tomorrow and never play again.

But he ended the year on fire and was dominant in WC, so I don't see him breaking down at the rate Nash did because of his concussions. It's like he always came back visibly worse.

It helps that Zibanejad plays a finesse style game. Nash played a more physical drive to the net style pre concussion...then became a softer perimeter player post concussions, and that kind of game isnt what made him a special player.

Nash on a year to year Thornton type contract for the next couple of years could be useful to teach kids how to be pros. Not looking for him to be THE guy but we will need A guy who can put pucks in the net. C'mon Ricky, do a tour with us this year so we can flip ya at the deadline again.

On a cheap contract I could see someone taking a flyer. Or if the merket is making deadline acquisitions more expensive than some teams are willing to pay, someone would probably take him on a cheap deal if he wanted it

His last run solidified that he's a playoff failure. I can see a team making taking a flier at the deadline, but the fact that he's injury prone and if he sits the whole year is not in his favor.

I can't imagine more than a team or two being interested.

Archived