• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Namestnikov Signing "Probably Means the End" for Ryan Spooner

Phil

I can't tell if we're done (aside from signing) or are going to make a (relatively) significant splash with either Hayes or Spooner. We have a "weak" lineup, but there's still a logjam at the center and defensive positions that has me thinking we may not be.

I can't tell if we're done (aside from signing) or are going to make a (relatively) significant splash with either Hayes or Spooner. We have a "weak" lineup, but there's still a logjam at the center and defensive positions that has me thinking we may not be.

Hard to imagine them making a significant splash.

It's been a weird offseason for a fanbase that is used to being linked to every free agent under the sun but there's a plan in place and young guys will play next season. I'm looking forward to it. I just hope they're competitive because the slop that was post-deadline was unwatchable. So long as they put in an effort, I'll be happy.

Hard to imagine them making a significant splash.

It's been a weird offseason for a fanbase that is used to being linked to every free agent under the sun but there's a plan in place and young guys will play next season. I'm looking forward to it. I just hope they're competitive because the slop that was post-deadline was unwatchable. So long as they put in an effort, I'll be happy.

It will be good that Pionk got his toes wet and D'Angelo at least made his way back up. Improvement certainly should be expected from Lias and Chytil, after showing they are both bound for the NHL fulltime, in the near future. Z and Kreids will be healthy, many should be rested. Deep down the middle and numerous guys can play wing.

Now if they could only find a good defender to pair with Skjei, the roster would be far from the mess it currently is. Plus, Skjei would prove that he could play the top pair with a solid RHD partner.

It will be good that Pionk got his toes wet and D'Angelo at least made his way back up. Improvement certainly should be expected from Lias and Chytil, after showing they are both bound for the NHL fulltime, in the near future. Z and Kreids will be healthy, many should be rested. Deep down the middle and numerous guys can play wing.

Now if they could only find a good defender to pair with Skjei, the roster would be far from the mess it currently is. Plus, Skjei would prove that he could play the top pair with a solid RHD partner.

I just don't think Skjei is a top pair defender. It'll be interesting to see who makes the team. Hajek has said he'd like to make the jump. Rangers seem to think he's close. If that's the case, they'll have 8-9 guys in the mix:

Staal - Skjei

Shattenkirk - Smith

ADA - Hajek

Pionk - Gilmore

Claesson

I just don't think Skjei is a top pair defender. It'll be interesting to see who makes the team. Hajek has said he'd like to make the jump. Rangers seem to think he's close. If that's the case, they'll have 8-9 guys in the mix:

Staal - Skjei

Shattenkirk - Smith

ADA - Hajek

Pionk - Gilmore

Claesson

Gilmour is a disaster. He's headed to A for sure.

Namestnikov, if not Hayes, is a stop-gap at this point.

And both are affordable and flipable

Again. Not flippable with a no trade, which this organization gives to anyone who signs the dotted line. 5 x 5.5 with a no trade for a guy with the label of lazy and poor locker room guy is going to be hard to move.Flip him now is all I'm thinking.

Look what Hoffman and O’Reilly got.

Those MFers got labels.

Yes. Let's.

One asshole brought back a floundering speedster winger.

The other. A haul from a desperate team that needed a 2nd line center.

I mean if the Rangers could get anything close to what Buffalo got for O'Reilly, we all better be plenty pissed.

Hence why I'm not exactly expecting much for him if traded.

I guess you've missed the posts about Hayes being an out of shape fat fuck and not good in the locker room along with JT Miller and Vesey. You forget that?

Again. Not flippable with a no trade, which this organization gives to anyone who signs the dotted line. 5 x 5.5 with a no trade for a guy with the label of lazy and poor locker room guy is going to be hard to move.Flip him now is all I'm thinking.

How can you know that? The organisation has done a lot of things recently that they never have done before. They are ready to clean up everything and start new, maybe that includes not giving away stupid contracts and no move clauses to everyone.

When's the last time they gave trade protection to an RFA?

Archived