• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

How Rangers Can Find Quality Character This Summer

Phil

With Komorov and Rousell (he went to god damn Vancouver???? Really?) signing elsewhere.... Who do you guys suggest as a character player to target?

I'm thinking Chris Stewart. High energy guy, who can liven up a dull locker room. Seems like a fit with how Quinn says he wants to play. Seems like he still has it in him to be a bottom six winger. 2 year deal. 900k each?

Not much left out there.

With Komorov and Rousell (he went to god damn Vancouver???? Really?) signing elsewhere.... Who do you guys suggest as a character player to target?

I'm thinking Chris Stewart. High energy guy, who can liven up a dull locker room. Seems like a fit with how Quinn says he wants to play. Seems like he still has it in him to be a bottom six winger. 2 year deal. 900k each?

Not much left out there.

I like Stewart, but there are character issues, there. If we had strong leadership, id entertain this idea

Think new coach is scaring guys or Gorton lowballin and rebuilding?

Neither. Rangers are honest about where they'll be next year (or two). UFAs don't see much future, and what future there is would come as the result of being traded. Why do that when you can just sign where you actually want to play?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

What character issues are there? Seemed to be really liked in Minnesota. Looked to be a fun locker room guy from one video I saw.

Obviously he never reached his potential. I don't recall hearing anything bad about him.

Work ethic, selfish, blah blah. Nothing incredibly horrible.

Here's a question. Isn't Matt Beleskey already a better fit for this role than most of the opinions out that were out there anyway? Character fourth liner, tough, physical, okay offense, and good advanced stats. We have him already.

Good point.I think this was brought up at the end of the season. But with Gorton saying he will be looking to add character players, some are looking for options.

Here's a question. Isn't Matt Beleskey already a better fit for this role than most of the opinions out that were out there anyway? Character fourth liner, tough, physical, okay offense, and good advanced stats. We have him already.

I guess, yeah. I'd be fine with him taking on the role. But his offense is gone, for the record.

I?m not necessarily looking for a 4th liner, but even so, the guy has to be able to play with Buchnevich, Chytil, or Andersson,most likely, and be able to help in all 3 zones. Not sure he does that.

Archived