• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Unlikely to Take on Garbage Contracts for Assets

Phil

I think they should take at least one bad contract this summer. Why not? Lucic's is brutal but maybe there's a rebound in him. If he can be even 1/2 as effective as he was two seasons ago, we'd be in business. Plus, if you're getting something else of value with him, I think it's a risk worth taking.

Same to be said with Matt Martin or Nathan Horton in Toronto or any of the other names that have been thrown around. I think it's smart business.

Horton is never playing again. His contract is in the Hossa, Bolland, Clarkson territory.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Horton is never playing again. His contract is in the Hossa, Bolland, Clarkson territory.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Right, I understand. I'd take any of those if a decent pick was coming this season or next. I'm just saying, we have the room to cast a wide net and think outside the box for once. Hopefully they do.

Right, I understand. I'd take any of those if a decent pick was coming this season or next. I'm just saying, we have the room to cast a wide net and think outside the box for once. Hopefully they do.

They are on LTIR, they don't count against the cap, so there is no reason for their team to trade them...

I don?t even want to see current Rangers on the roster next year let alone washed up former ones. Jesus Christ

That would better benefit our rebuild. Free up our cap space by letting go of the players that have been nothing more but anchors. Getting rid of Miller and McD to Tampa Bay ensured that we will be a new team come October

I think they should take at least one bad contract this summer. Why not? Lucic's is brutal but maybe there's a rebound in him. If he can be even 1/2 as effective as he was two seasons ago, we'd be in business. Plus, if you're getting something else of value with him, I think it's a risk worth taking.

Same to be said with Matt Martin or Nathan Horton in Toronto or any of the other names that have been thrown around. I think it's smart business.

Nathan Horton can?t play anymore though.

Edit: I just saw the next post. Nm

2. If the Maple Leafs succeed in wooing John Tavares, they’re probably going to have to find a taker for Nathan Horton’s perpetually injured-reserve cap hit of $5.3 million that runs through the end of 2019-20.

I wonder if the Rangers, who have oodles of space this year and should not have any sort of issue next year, might be able to work out a deal for a young asset and/or a second-rounder for Horton, who has gone from Boston to Columbus to Toronto in a series of deals in the aftermath of the concussion he sustained on the Aaron Rome headshot in Game 3 of the 2011 Cup finals. Horton has not played since 2013-14.

The Devils were able to get a second-rounder from the Panthers to take on Marc Savard’s injured reserve-bound cap hit of just over $4.21 million for one season.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/24/which-center-should-rangers-trade-behind-the-hard-choice-looming/

im for this. i'm also for sucking for Hughes.

slobber we can't do that though. Even if we finish dead last, which is very unlikely and awful in the long run, we are looking at about a 16% chance. That is not a good strategy or even a strategy. It's gambling, with the odds against you, no less.

Mgmt isn't going to trade every guy who plays well under Quinn. They won't completely sabotage the roster going into the season, particularly for a few extra picks and a better shot to be horrific. Time for some good coaching. Play to get better, play to win. If we suck, we suck. It'll happen naturally and we'll start the selloff accordingly.

Archived