• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

My new pellet grill!

skunkman

I wouldn't trust a Pit Boss, and with Pellet Grills, it's all about trust, I figured that out the hard way, so maybe stuck with your original thought and get a Traegar.

You can get charcoal pellets, too, they help with that flavour. It's tough to get a tonne of smoke flavor off a pellet grill.

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2022 at 5:59 AM, Dunny said:

I wouldn't trust a Pit Boss, and with Pellet Grills, it's all about trust, I figured that out the hard way, so maybe stuck with your original thought and get a Traegar.

You can get charcoal pellets, too, they help with that flavour. It's tough to get a tonne of smoke flavor off a pellet grill.

It’s such a weird situation. I have charcoal down mostly to a science, but it does not chance how it takes long, dedication, patience, and just dealing with the mess of it all. I don’t like the reverse sear idea of a pellet grill. That’s absolutely against everything I’ve ever thought of grilling. I also am a Weber guy through and through.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/charcoal-grills/summit-kamado/summit-kamado-s6-charcoal-grill-center/18501101.html

looking at this is I stay charcoal but not sure it’s worth the leap from a kettle performer. 

going to have to figure this out in 3 months or so.