• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Is Brady Skjei Expendable?

Phil

In that scenario, we still know very little about Hajek and Rykov.

Even after they both are in the NHL, we still have to be careful to assume too much from their rookie years. Neither will be playing top line minutes or situations.

As i mentioned before, it may be 2-3 years before we have a grasp of what they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

...which is why the article says that too lol

In that scenario, we still know very little about Hajek and Rykov.

Even after they both are in the NHL, we still have to be careful to assume too much from their rookie years. Neither will be playing top line minutes or situations.

As i mentioned before, it may be 2-3 years before we have a grasp of what they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Understood, and after next year the Rangers will have had 3 years of watching Skjei up close in the NHL. If they feel he [skjei] is not progressing as they once hoped, should they not try to get value for him and turn their hopes of progress towards two players 4 years younger?

I didn't do a good job of saying it, but it's not about trading him for a rental.

Well, yea, I know you're too smart to do that LOL. I think you're thinking extension pre-negotiated.

However, that still leaves 2 unknowns who haven't played minute 1 of NHL hockey...

The whole point of the article is the assumptions. It's not about concern and making a trade right this minute. It's talking about options. What else will there be to talk about from mid April to draft day, but for prospects and assumptions on how good they'll be?

So much to talk about, so much in flux, it hard to muster energy thinking about Skjei. Guys like him, Zib, or Buch, for example, will be at camp ready for a new season, team and coach. We expect they will be better next year. Until we see them in the new digs, we won't have any new insights. Regardless, they are not going anywhere unless something unusual happens, which we'll discuss at that time.

Meanwhile there is a wealth of info and ideas we are seeking/sharing.

* Coaches and coaching

* Our new players and prospect reports

* Who else might we trade in the summer. For who or what?

* Prospects league-wide, who is blocked, who's available, who kicks ass in their leagues playoffs coming up

* Draft and prospects (info on 1st and upper 2nd round prospects)

* Other teams situations, RFAs, other players, prospects and cap situations

* Unique opportunities

* Game strategy and hockey trends

Future is not allowed to become Brooks just cause he has a deadline to hit and wants to sell more tabloids. :paddle: He is too good for that. :thumbs: Making up 2021 trade scenarios about our best (only?) defender or russian goalies or Chytil just to stir up what hasn't already been shaken, will not be tolerated. :thumbsdown:

We need leadership damn-it.:catfight::curse::pbjtime:

Cheers Mike

:cheers:

just bustin your balls

no smileys next time

So much to talk about, so much in flux, it hard to muster energy thinking about Skjei. Guys like him, Zib, or Buch, for example, will be at camp ready for a new season, team and coach. We expect they will be better next year. Until we see them in the new digs, we won't have any new insights. Regardless, they are not going anywhere unless something unusual happens, which we'll discuss at that time.

Meanwhile there is a wealth of info and ideas we are seeking/sharing.

* Coaches and coaching

* Our new players and prospect reports

* Who else might we trade in the summer. For who or what?

* Prospects league-wide, who is blocked, who's available, who kicks ass in their leagues playoffs coming up

* Draft and prospects (info on 1st and upper 2nd round prospects)

* Other teams situations, RFAs, other players, prospects and cap situations

* Unique opportunities

* Game strategy and hockey trends

Future is not allowed to become Brooks just cause he has a deadline to hit and wants to sell more tabloids. :paddle: He is too good for that. :thumbs: Making up 2021 trade scenarios about our best (only?) defender or russian goalies or Chytil just to stir up what hasn't already been shaken, will not be tolerated. :thumbsdown:

We need leadership damn-it.:catfight::curse::pbjtime:

Cheers Mike

:cheers:

just bustin your balls

no smileys next time

Ummmm, these two things are exactly what the article was about.

Ummmm, these two things are exactly what the article was about.

Right-on, good stuff on the two kid dmen who will push Skjei away. However, that article is about Skjei, whether he is a #1, should be traded and the 2 kids to replace him. But so what, he can write about whatever he wants, we are just giving him good natured shit.

Archived