• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Lundqvist Proposal of All Proposals

Phil

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i love these trade threads, and trying to figure out who says no. lundqvist says no to most trade partners. easier to find a scenario out west that lundqvist and rangers’ management could consider. st. louis? colorado? i think most west GMs say no faster than rangers management because their current goalie situation is fine to great and the contract plus lundqvist’s inevitable decline by its end are too risky.

Hank is royally fucking our chance at Hughes this season. I firmly believe that it it weren't for him, we'd be at the bottom of the table. There's no reason we should have gotten a point last night.

He's a legend. He has spot for his number in the rafters but, if I were Gorton, I'd circle back and ask again.

Hank is royally fucking our chance at Hughes this season. I firmly believe that it it weren't for him, we'd be at the bottom of the table. There's no reason we should have gotten a point last night.

He's a legend. He has spot for his number in the rafters but, if I were Gorton, I'd circle back and ask again.

Agreed. But I think Gorton is sufficiently committed to this rebuild to have asked the question enough times. Lundqvist simply doesn't want to move. I don't know how final that decision is, maybe he'll have a change of heart if a bonafide contender comes knocking around the deadline. I certainly wouldn't be against it if the return is good.

On the flipside, we have Shesterkin coming over in the summer. I can't think of many better role models for him to learn from and throwing him in at the deep end immediately might be a bit much. In ideal world, Shesterkin comes over, looks great in camp and splits duties with Hank next season with a view to taking the full time gig the season after.

He's a legend. He has spot for his number in the rafters but' date=' if I were Gorton, I'd circle back and ask again.[/quote']

^This...and the fact that Henrik already has what he loves right here; He has a fat recurring paycheck and he loves being a New Yorker. He?s become quite comfortable and enamored with the cosmopolitan lifestyle. Go to a smaller market with fewer restaurants and a less fashion-minded vibe?Ummmmm, I doubt that very much. The Cup is important to him for sure but I?m not convinced he?d uproot the current lifestyle.

Quinn needs to stop starting him so much. Play Georgiev more.

if I were Gorton, I'd circle back and ask again.

Nah, it is better this way. He is not on the market, therefore he is more valuable. If someone is really interested they'll ask. If the Rangers are clearly not a playoff team in Feb, Hank might have a different view of a shot at the Cup. Beyond if some team inquires about Hank, Feb is the time we should circle back (quietly) with Hank. I'd wait till then.

Yes. I meant Quinn. I was reading something while posting and just typed the wrong name. Hank does...which is why he needs to not play as many games this season.

Yea, I'm sure they hired Quinn and said "don't try to put your best team on the ice so we can get a draft pick." I can't imagine a scenario where a coach is going to think "how can we lose this game?" I mean, why doesn't Chicago play Kane on the 4th line, or EDM play McDavid 11:00/night?

Quinn knows that this is a re-build, but there's just no way he signed on and said he wasn't going to try to win games.

Yea, I'm sure they hired Quinn and said "don't try to put your best team on the ice so we can get a draft pick." I can't imagine a scenario where a coach is going to think "how can we lose this game?" I mean, why doesn't Chicago play Kane on the 4th line, or EDM play McDavid 11:00/night?

Quinn knows that this is a re-build, but there's just no way he signed on and said he wasn't going to try to win games.

Right. It's the job of the GM to dramatically limit his options, is all. Like Tim Murray-era Sabres. :rofl:

"Oh, I see you're winning... yeah, Zucc's been traded."

"Oh, still winning? Nice job. Hayes is gone, too."

No fucking shit he doesn't think like that. Its a message board, for fans. We're having a hypothetical conversation, as fans. As fans, some of us want the Rangers to play well yet lose, a lot, in order to get a high draft pick to aid in the long term future of the franchise.

Correct and if Quinn is holding players accountable then he would need to held accountable for not playing he best player Hank.

No fucking shit he doesn't think like that. Its a message board, for fans. We're having a hypothetical conversation, as fans. As fans, some of us want the Rangers to play well yet lose, a lot, in order to get a high draft pick to aid in the long term future of the franchise.

Lighten up, Francis.

We traded Grabner to the Devils less than a year ago.

Lol.

I think the idea that rivals don't trade is always kind of silly. If you took the number of trades that the Rangers have made with the Devils, Isles, and Flyers and compared it to another 3 teams, how would that look? Are there considerably fewer trades with those 3 than, like, Vancouver, EDM, and Calgary? SJ, LAK, and Anaheim? Maybe there is, but trade volume is so small that I'm not sure there's much of a correlation.

Archived