• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Neal Pionk Called Up

Ruff is worse with kids, so you need to wait for a coach to be available.

Is that even true? Didn't he bring along Seguin, Benn, Kiligberg, Faska, Nichushkin (the Rangers should look into acquiring his rights BTW) , Lindell, Eakin, Roussel and some more?

I think that's worlds better than what has developed under AV.

Is that even true? Didn't he bring along Seguin, Benn, Kiligberg, Faska, Nichushkin (the Rangers should look into acquiring his rights BTW) , Lindell, Eakin, Roussel and some more?

"Bring along" meaning what exactly? He was there while those guys were there, yes. They did better when he left.

"Bring along" meaning what exactly? He was there while those guys were there, yes. They did better when he left.

They did? Maybe their record is better, but I'd say their stats were better. Their record has more to do with having a competent goalie. Kinda what everyone has been saying for years.

All of these players were developed under Ruffs watch. If he is so terrible with kids, wouldn't most of them be buried in the minors while he was there? He left this summer. They all had good careers and good starts to their careers prior to this season.

He didnt help make any of these guys better.

Didnt do much in Buffalo either. Stuck to his favorites, plays the same guys constantly, stays away from skilled guys, buries rookies and prospects, etc etc. Any team he had that did well found a diamond in the Ruff (Ryan Miller - who he buried in the AHL and behind Biron) or had a GM give him everything (Buffalo 07, Dallas '15)

Some of the old guys might like him. He played Andrew Peters 60 games a season.

He didnt help make any of these guys better.

Didnt do much in Buffalo either. Stuck to his favorites, plays the same guys constantly, stays away from skilled guys, buries rookies and prospects, etc etc. Any team he had that did well found a diamond in the Ruff (Ryan Miller - who he buried in the AHL and behind Biron) or had a GM give him everything (Buffalo 07, Dallas '15)

Some of the old guys might like him. He played Andrew Peters 60 games a season.

?? He coached them up till last season. Most of these guys have been around for 3+ years. He kind of made them. Are all of them now having career best years? Did you not know these guys were really good until this year?

Give the guy credit.

Buffalo players that started or came into their own with Ruff as the coach.

Peca? Sarich? McKee? Satan? Rasmussen,? Afiniganov? Brian Campbell? Kalinin? Biron? JP Dumont? Pyatt? Connelly? Tallinder? Kotalik? Gaustad? Derrick Roy? Pominville? Ryan Miller? Vanek? and so on.

Dude almost every season he coached he played young players if not rookies and got the best out of them.

He buried Miller in the minors? Buried or groomed him into one of the top goalies of his time period?

I really gotta disagree with you on this.

?? He coached them up till last season. Most of these guys have been around for 3+ years. He kind of made them. Are all of them now having career best years? Did you not know these guys were really good until this year?

Give the guy credit.

Buffalo players that started or came into their own with Ruff as the coach.

Peca? Sarich? McKee? Satan? Rasmussen,? Afiniganov? Brian Campbell? Kalinin? Biron? JP Dumont? Pyatt? Connelly? Tallinder? Kotalik? Gaustad? Derrick Roy? Pominville? Ryan Miller? Vanek? and so on.

Dude almost every season he coached he played young players if not rookies and got the best out of them.

He buried Miller in the minors? Buried or groomed him into one of the top goalies of his time period?

I really gotta disagree with you on this.

Dallas is good. They should have been a lot better him. He couldnt do crap with 2 top scorers in the league. He didnt get much out of a much-hyped prospect class in Dallas.

Peca - Ruff used Peca as his 1C for about 8 years. praise him for that?

some of these guys are just random guys - not very good, but guys he continued to play even when they were detrimental to the team. Satan, Rasmaussen 4th liner for bad teams,

Afinogenov - what a great talent. Had 1 good season. Guess which year?

Campbell had his best seasons after leaving Buffalo. You can look up the stats if you dont remember

Again... more lousy vets he forced in the lineup, mostly bottom 6 wingers

Miller I mentioned

Vanek, sure.

So, I'll be generous. 5 guys.

in what, 20 years?

Dallas is good. They should have been a lot better him. He couldnt do crap with 2 top scorers in the league. He didnt get much out of a much-hyped prospect class in Dallas.

Peca - Ruff used Peca as his 1C for about 8 years. praise him for that?

some of these guys are just random guys - not very good, but guys he continued to play even when they were detrimental to the team. Satan, Rasmaussen 4th liner for bad teams,

Afinogenov - what a great talent. Had 1 good season. Guess which year?

Campbell had his best seasons after leaving Buffalo. You can look up the stats if you dont remember

Again... more lousy vets he forced in the lineup, mostly bottom 6 wingers

Miller I mentioned

Vanek, sure.

So, I'll be generous. 5 guys.

in what, 20 years?

Dallas was one of the top scoring teams over the last few years. Their goalie was absolute dog shit.That was what held them back.

You said he buries young players. These were all rookies or 2nd/3rd year players that he inserted into the top six. Satan a fourth liner??? Didn't he score 30-40 goals like every year?

I stopped listening players after his 9th of 15 years. 5 out of that list? Peca went on to get a huge contract and be the Islanders 1st line center. He played for Ruff for 3 seasons, starting with him at age 23, played 2 seasons prior under Nolan. Satan was a legit scorer. McKee was a big time shut down D man. Dumont was a power forward with sniper skills. Tim Connelly was a 1st line talent who had his career cut short from concussions. Gustaf was the prototypical checking center who killed it on draws. Roy was a 2nd line center for about 4 years.. Pominville was pretty good as was Stafford..

Almost every year he brought a young player into the league. A few did better elsewhere, while others sucked when they left.

He did not bury young players I'd agree that he was like Keenan in that he had his type of players that he would rather use, but he was always able to mix talent with grinder types and get decent results. I'm not saying he's a guru with young players. I'm just saying he didn't bury them and use vets over them. Unless you consider 24 year old old..

Archived