• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Regular Season OT and the Shootout... (Opinions?)

Ozzy

Do they still do the 4 on 4 and then 3 on 3 in the A?

I wouldn't mind seeing that in a longer OT and eliminate the shootout. 7-10 minute OT. Start 4 on 4. At the 5 minute mark (or whatever), change to 3 on 3. FUCK the shootout.

Re: Points system - Would this work?

2 points for regulation win

1 point for OT win

0 points for loss, regulation or OT.

Fuck the loser point.

That works for me as well.

"3 pt system" doesn't make sense to me.

You described a w-l system and a w-l-d system. Both easier to understand. And again, ensure the team winning wins.

I did not describe a WLD system. Let me break it down for you. 3 points for regulation win, 2 points for OT/SO win, 1 pt for OT/SO loss. Then, I also wouldn't mind seeing the loser point disappear all together which would yield 3 points for regulation win, 2 points for OT/SO win, 0 points for a loss.

• 2 weeks later...
Tonight's Isles/Pens game going to OT. Between the idiotic intradivision top 3 teams in each division making the playoffs and the 3 point game, makes no sense. Why are these teams splitting up 3 points when Rangers only got 2 for a regulation win Tuesday?

Tonight's Isles/Pens game going to OT. Between the idiotic intradivision top 3 teams in each division making the playoffs and the 3 point game, makes no sense. Why are these teams splitting up 3 points when Rangers only got 2 for a regulation win Tuesday?

Yup. No wonder the standings are the mess they are right now. So much wrong with it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The top NINE teams in the East are within 2 points of each other over the past 10 games played. Meaning, they all have between 12 and 14 points out of a possible 20 over the past 10.

You almost wonder what the point is.

The point is your first sentence....

Archived