• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Have you ever "won" anything from a radio station?

phillyb

Cross posting this from another forum I'm on:

I "won" a trip to Vegas and Orlando while I was on vacation last week.

I was driving my rental back to the airport and was listening to a radio station. They asked a trivia question (Name a country without the letter A) and I called to answer. They took down my info and called me back.

I answered and then they go into a whole spiel. Maybe I should have listened to the radio promotion more cause I really had no idea what I'd "won."

I didn't win shit, but I got an opportunity to get a really good deal on two vacations: 5 days and 4 nights in Vegas and 4 days and 3 nights in Orlando, hotel paid for. In order to "lock in the deal," I had to pay $299.

In addition to the hotel (I have to pay air fare), I get two tickets to Blue Man Group and Cirque du Soleil in Vegas. And I get a $100 dollar cash voucher for the Orlando trip.

So I called a travel agency and got a good promotional deal for two vacations because I happened to have some silly trivia in my head. All in all though, it seems worth it. It's "scammy" in the sense that you think you won something for free, when you really didn't, but at the end of the day, I got two vacations, 4 entertainment tickets, and $100 voucher for $299 up front.

I have 24 months to take the trips and all I have to do is pay air fare. I think that's a pretty decent deal, despite getting "scammed" into being sold stuff. I really don't even mind a good salesperson and being sold shit. I like it.

1994 - I won tixs to see Pink Floyd at Yankee Stadium. Rangers were in the Stanley Cup so I ended up traded the tixs for tixs to go to MSG to watch the Rangers @ Canucks on the big screen. A week or 2 after that I won tickets from another radio station to see Pink Floyd at Giants Stadium.

My wife wins stuff all the time off the radio. She won a trip to St Lucia, lotto tickets, concert tickets and tickets for kids shows. I won tickets to see Opie and Anthony's Traveling Virus Comedy Show a couple of years ago, and I also won Taking Back Sunday Tickets and a trip to Atlantic City with a free room and $50 in food vouchers at the Tropicana, any restaurant there.

Nope, everything was covered. It was nice. My wife won the St Lucia trip through Z100, so she went with Rihanna when she first came out, and everything was paid for, even airfare.

That's fucking awesome.

Badgalriri though...I've seen her boobies.

My dad wins things from radio stations all the time. Concert tickets, guitars, prize packs, etc. Just make sure you read the rules before entering anything. Also, I could be wrong but I remember him telling me you only get taxed if the prize value is above $1000

My wife wins stuff all the time off the radio. She won a trip to St Lucia, lotto tickets, concert tickets and tickets for kids shows. I won tickets to see Opie and Anthony's Traveling Virus Comedy Show a couple of years ago, and I also won Taking Back Sunday Tickets and a trip to Atlantic City with a free room and $50 in food vouchers at the Tropicana, any restaurant there.

Traveling virus show was great. Can't believe how big mostly everyone became from that show. Burr, CK, Norton, Patrice.

Archived