• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Celebrity Run-in Stories

Phil

• 1 month later...

Mike Eruzione was at a hockey camp when I was a kid - biggest dickhead Ive ever met. He was being an ass to 10 year olds.

Drank with Brian McGratton a few times when I was in college.

Ron Duguay got pissed at me during a Rangers viewing party because he thought I was hitting on a chick he was going for (she just happened to be the one passing me free drinks). He was legit pissed, too. My brother in law always talks about it.

Random celebrity/athlete run ins always happen when I'm in the city - a friend picked up Justin Timberlakes cellphone (handed it back) when we were crossing paths, see random guys out to eat all the time. Shouldnt seem like big deal to people that live there.

Also grew up playing against a bunch of current/past NHLers, so those stories dont count.

My brother in law ran into Wayne Gretzky in an airport. He had just started dating my sister and was traveling back to NY from Phoenix. He knew my sister liked hockey and bought a Gretzky plaque. When he saw him in the airport he asked Wayne to sign it... he had to dig through his bags to find the plaque, said it took (what seemed like) 5 minutes, and the entire time Wayne was telling him to calm down, relax, take your time. He then personalized it and wrote a nice note about teaching kids (she was a teacher at the time)

I see Louie CK almost weekly, he lives a few blocks from my office and walks his daughter to school every morning while I'm walking to the office.

Mac, Hayes, Skjei, and Vesey all live in the area as well, occasionally see them on the train.

I see Louie CK almost weekly, he lives a few blocks from my office and walks his daughter to school every morning while I'm walking to the office.

Mac, Hayes, Skjei, and Vesey all live in the area as well, occasionally see them on the train.

and u don't say 'hello'?

Archived