• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Eric Staal

I do remember. And even then I didn't care about Saarela and most people who hadn't overhyped him didn't.

The Rangers overpaid for Staal, not because of Saarela because of the seconds, and because of Staal's performance prior to and after the acquisition.

Yea, I actually didn't think two seconds was too much, though I know I'm in the minority on that.

My biggest problem with the trade was, and still is, how it just didn't make any sense. This wasn't buying MSL or Yandle, which even though we overpaid for both IMO they were both highly productive at the time we acquired them. This was buying a guy for shit he did 5 years ago. He hadn't been relevant in literal years. He was having a shit season. The move absolutely reeked of desperation, not smart planning or informed calculation.

We've done A LOT with our draft picks, and to give up 2nd rounders for a guy that was showing absolutely nothing is just insane. I mean, it would be like giving up two 2nd rounders and Robin Kovacs for Dustin Brown at this year's deadline. Actually it was worse than that, because at least Dustin Brown plays a physical game.

Typical Bruce Boudreau team. Regular season monsters. Crash and burn in the playoffs.

Why do you think that is? I know this is not really the original post but why would a guy be able to coach great in the regular season and then not be able to coach in the playoffs? You think he changes things too much come playoffs or doesn't change things enough? I would think maybe he over-coaches at times but would that really impact a whole team? His regular season coaching #'s are truly remarkable.

Ice gets smaller and he can't adjust

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain

Sounds like another coach I know...:confused:

Sounds like another coach I know...:confused:

How so? AV has had deep playoff runs, including two cup appearances. Boudreau has nothing like that on his resume, and in reality the playoffs are when coaches are most needed, not for on ice X's and O's, but keeping the team focused and in the right state of mind. That's not something he's good at, and something AV is and has been credited for being by his players.

How so? AV has had deep playoff runs, including two cup appearances. Boudreau has nothing like that on his resume, and in reality the playoffs are when coaches are most needed, not for on ice X's and O's, but keeping the team focused and in the right state of mind. That's not something he's good at, and something AV is and has been credited for being by his players.

AV will never get credit for hit until he wins a Cup - and fairly so, I guess - but he is an excellent coach.

There's not a single coach, ever, who you can't second guess lineups and that sort of thing.

Archived