• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

How to get belongings back from an ex?

The Dude

Dude,

Never, ever let them see you care when you are hurt.

Yeah, well, I did. I didnt hide behind some false macho who gives a fuck attitude. Maybe thats the way to go. Im a moron with the ladies. Open and honest. Guess thats gotta change moving forward.

Do you want the real answer? If you are in Long Island you will probably have to file a domestic incident report and go to family court to see a judge and plead your case. Bring receipts, records of you making all and any payments, and if the judge agrees, he will set aside a time and list of what she legally has to give back. Things that are considered "joint" ownership, like as in it was bought for both of you to use, probably wont be granted to you unless you can show that u paid for every part of it. If you yeo lived together, it can help or hurt your case. If you lived seperate from her and bought these things for you to use at her place, it will be considered a gift and yer s.o.l usually.

Be mindful, if you forcefully take or remove things without her or a courts permission, you could be opening yourself up for some serious legal trouble.

Reading your post though, if you left over a hear ago and just now trying to get the stiff back, i think you aremt going to have much success.

Yeah. Too much work. Not worth it.

I did try asking nicely a year ago and got the same reaction from her.

No matter. Im not going to bother. She wins. Oh well.

Yeah. Too much work. Not worth it.

I did try asking nicely a year ago and got the same reaction from her.

No matter. Im not going to bother. She wins. Oh well.

Less nergy defending Dan Boyle and you have plenty of time for this :)

I've been in the process of retrieving my college hockey hoody from an ex girl for around 3 years now. I was stupid and showed her how much it meant to me and how it couldn't be bought. She said she lost it moving, but recently asked for my address which I assumed was to mail it back to me - although it's been 6 weeks since I gave her the address. Maybe she's trying to kill me and slowly stalking me. Our break up wasn't even bad - she just couldn't get her head out of her ass when I told her I wanted to become more serious and she wasn't up for that.

Archived