• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Virtual Kidnapping Scams

Mike

Obviously you didn't the full thread or you never would have hit enter after writing this entire post. Put the wine down.

i didn't read the full thread - absolutely not.

it's one thing i hate about this forum. everybody posts novels.

i don't read. lol. conundrum indeed.

i didn't read the full thread - absolutely not.

it's one thing i hate about this forum. everybody posts novels.

i don't read. lol. conundrum indeed.

It was the transcript of what happened. Maybe it'll happen to you, so the info might help. I'm sure you'd pay anything to keep your gf, because lets face it .... you're not Brad fuckin Pitt. Know what I'm sayin?

Holy shit, insane. Never heard of this type of thing until now, glad it was an unsuccessful scam for those scumbags and you went about it the right way. Good job, Mikey.

Also, solid knowledge for the future if a phone call like this ever takes place in my life.

Yes, that's why I posted it. It was on the news too. They had one guy on the phone for 2 hours saying they would kill his daughter if he hung up. He went to the bank, got 2000, and finally got in touch with her before handing the money over.

Yes, that's why I posted it. It was on the news too. They had one guy on the phone for 2 hours saying they would kill his daughter if he hung up. He went to the bank, got 2000, and finally got in touch with her before handing the money over.

This is the first i'm hearing of it, so I guess it hasn't made it's way towards Long Island, yet. I hope it never does. And hope these assholes all get caught. I'm sure they've been successful in some of these cases, though.

This is the first i'm hearing of it, so I guess it hasn't made it's way towards Long Island, yet. I hope it never does. And hope these assholes all get caught. I'm sure they've been successful in some of these cases, though.

It's made it's way to Long Island about 6-7 years ago and continues today. Last time i was called to this I believe was in December 14.

It's bern going on for a few years. It goes hot and cold. There's definitely been cases in LI. Keith is a cop there, and he posted something about it on the 1st page.

It's bern going on for a few years. It goes hot and cold. There's definitely been cases in LI. Keith is a cop there, and he posted something about it on the 1st page.

It's made it's way to Long Island about 6-7 years ago and continues today. Last time i was called to this I believe was in December 14.

.... And the 2nd page

Oh wow, where did it take place?

I wasn't sure of where exactly he was a cop. That's my bad. Lol

I'm gonna look into it, I wonder where on Long Island it has hit? Hmm..

Oh wow, where did it take place?

I wasn't sure of where exactly he was a cop. That's my bad. Lol

I'm gonna look into it, I wonder where on Long Island it has hit? Hmm..

They don't target specific areas. Could happen to anyone, any time.

It's all over Nassau. I can't imagine in not happening in Suffolk too. It has a lot less to do with the area and more to do with just randomness based on having enough personal information to throw a line out there and hope someone bites at it. You honestly would be shocked how easy it is to get info on anyone on the internet, or at least enough to know a person's round about age, family, and just enough to make it sound legit at first. Then it just depends on the person and how much the allow emotions to take over first and intuition second.

I live in Nassau, gonna have to look into the stories about the cases here.

I guess if you can find somebody vulnerable enough to believe it, especially targetting older people about their grandkids, it may work, but hopefully nobody falls for it

Well, people fall for it all the time. I honestly couldn't even count how many times im called for that kind of assignment. Most of the time the target is an older person where they use the excuse of "johhny trusted you grandma because he was too scared to tell his parents so please just send some money so we can clear this up asap and he can just get home and explain it after. He's just scared and wants to go home."

Well, people fall for it all the time. I honestly couldn't even count how many times im called for that kind of assignment. Most of the time the target is an older person where they use the excuse of "johhny trusted you grandma because he was too scared to tell his parents so please just send some money so we can clear this up asap and he can just get home and explain it after. He's just scared and wants to go home."

Yeah I could see that working on them. It's sad.

Archived