• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Anyone Going to Game in Phoenix This Valentine's Day?

kenny

OK, Rome-y or whoever toss me if I'm on wrong forum, but trying to recruit desert folks to join me @ this game -- should I survive the drive up to it. Haven't seen NYR in yrs & visiting me in AZ is a treat. Hope I can chat ice-level w/ the boys & hob-nob w/ the stars, but no one in thier right minds in AZ is a hockey fan. Got a few NY transplants but not many & zero knowledge of the game. Damn, I been crosschecked til teeth flew out, punched til the linesmen dragged him off, checked so hard my solar plexus hurt -- & yet, still can't here find any human interested in hockey, let alone the Rangers. I know there's rich NY'ers (I ain't one unfortunately) but where in hell is team spirit & the team you grewup loving??? Suffice to say this a is a dump in AZ, for hockey & sports in general, & no way should any sensible being move west -- even if offered a billion $.

Guys I hope someone is on here. I know they'll be some fat gals there prying John Hancocks from players but as far as actual game-sense, forget it I'd need the nearest bar. They'd not be able to coach pee-wee in Africa, let alone know how to understand real hockey. The Rangers themselves are an enigma w/ no comprehension of their efforts or appreciation.

Ok, this is really sour talk, I know, but AZ is not a hockey hotbed & I even wonder why a team exists here? I'd rather fly to NYC (or walk at this point) than attend a game a few hrs way here in dumpsville USA aka AZ. Atmosphere dictates this sport & out here, ha, I may as well be in a library reading a bk vs at a rink -- watching anything resembles NHL games fervor/excitement/enthusiasm/etc. etc. etc...

Ok, sorry to be downhearted but I guess, what do I expect from this place out here? Haha, not anything near the fun of back home's crazy, hockey fan-atics. :)

my gf offered to buy me a ticket to this game for my birthday...

the flight though - that's a different story.

Yea man, save the $ & take her to dinner. I'll need to drink Jack Daniels to enjoy this game. But I do know NY will win, no doubt. This team out here is pathetic, & I'd not go to a game if not Rangers, as never been to one here & hope to never again -- if I go to this one. How's that for a dedicated hockey fan from back east? Hahahahaaa....

Archived