• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Marvel Announce Huge Line-Up: Infinity War, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Inhumans, +

Phil

Ant-Man - 17 July 2015

Captain America 3: Civil War - 29 April 2016

Doctor Strange - 8 July 2016

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - 5 May 2017

Thor: Ragnorak - 28 July 2017

Black Panther - 3 November 2017

Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 - 4 May 2018

Captain Marvel - 6 July 2018

Inhumans - 2 November 2018

Avengers: Infinity War Part 2: 3 May 2019

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/marvel-announce-full-phase-three-line-black-panther-captain-marvel-doctor-strange-inhumans-1472174

--

They're going full on galactic with franchises like the Infinity Wars (Avengers), Ragnorak (Thor), Dr. Strange and Inhumans. Which makes sense, considering the incredible success of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Civil War has me most impressed... I wonder how close they'll play that to the actual Civil War series? Can you imagine the cost of production if that actually included the number of characters it does in the comic story!? :rofl:

At this point, I'd say it's closer to 5. They are doing a good job with putting together the TV side of things though.

You might be right on the years.....but the CW shows do NOT tie into the movies, at least not yet. You can't tie GOTHAM as it's years before BATMAN and The Flash isn't as central to the DC Universe/Justice League as SHIELD is to Marvel.

What you probably should have done is have a closer tie-in with SMALLVILLE when it was on.

What you really need is more Kryptonian arcs in the DC Universe so that we get either Black Zero or Doomsday coming in 2-3 movies down the line. MARVEL is clearly building up for Thanos --hell, it's even in their cartoons on Discovery XD -- but I see nothing in the DC Universe that matches it. Lex Luthor vs. The JL will not be an appealing storyline.

If DC is smart, they'll be a trailer or ending-credits scene showing MOS's Jor-El and Zod working together and discovering some powerful civilization that created Doomsday or the DNA to create him and then being wiped out. Or it'll show his creation on Krypton right before the planet was destroyed.

As it is, there was no ending-credits in any of the BATMAN trilogy or MOS.

The lack of ending-credits really doesn't mean anything. TDK trilogy doesn't exist in this new universe that DC is creating anyway, so it doesn't matter.

What I'm saying is that DC is creating a strong group of television programming. It's taking space that Marvel hasn't been able to dominate yet. What they do with it remains to be seen, but they are at least laying some ground work. Arrow and Flash clearly factor in somehow to their future plans. A show based around Krypton is supposedly coming as well.

DC has their own cosmic beings, it'll be interesting to see what they do. They don't have to go that route though, just because Marvel is going cosmic doesn't mean that DC has to. I think that would probably be a mistake, actually.

I didn't know about the Kryptonian story arc. I just know that would appeal to hard-core Superman and DC fans. If it's done well it will have crossover appeal to non-comic fans. Look at how IRONMAN did at the movies, and he's usually not considered a top character in the MARVEL Universe next to Thor, Hulk, Spidey, etc.

OTOH, I liked CAPRIA (prequel to BATTLESTAR GALACTICA) and it didn't have staying power.

Story arcs have to be informative for the casual fan.

It's off topic, but I loved Battlestar Galactica, and I couldn't get through three episodes of Caprica. Just didn't have the same feel or impact. Prequels and sequels often suffer from this.

It was very slow. I still have to watch RAPTOR or RAZOR or whatever that 2-hour movie/dual-episode thing was called.

I think there were some online or post-show clips/episodes after the show ran its course. And that ending confused me !

Archived