• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [G] Brandon Halverson with 2nd Round (59th) Pick

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember thinking that Halverson was a great pick, and had the potential to be a superstar.

He just hasn't been good, at any level, since lol.

Hopefully Shestorkin is the guy.

I mean, the year after he was drafted he was 40 and 5 with a .913 sv%. The following year, on a much worse team he was 20 and 17, but still had a .907 sv%.

This is only his 3rd year since being drafted. He was 3-1 with a 1.70 gaa and .943 sv%. I'd call that good at the ECHL level and he has only played one AHL game, a little early to judge there.

I mean, the year after he was drafted he was 40 and 5 with a .913 sv%. The following year, on a much worse team he was 20 and 17, but still had a .907 sv%.

This is only his 3rd year since being drafted. He was 3-1 with a 1.70 gaa and .943 sv%. I'd call that good at the ECHL level and he has only played one AHL game, a little early to judge there.

Didn't he not do very well at WJC? And then the following year not get invited? I could be mis-remembering.

W-L is nice but that save percentage seems low. Hard to say b/c you never know what the defense in front of a goalie at that level is doing.

He's also had some bad moments on big stages, which is pretty concernign.

W-L is nice but that save percentage seems low. Hard to say b/c you never know what the defense in front of a goalie at that level is doing.

He's also had some bad moments on big stages, which is pretty concernign.

Best sv% in the ohl right now is .922, last year for goalies with 40+ starts was .921, year before that was .924. He was top 10 in the league both years.

• 1 year later...

Archived