• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Is your dog a murderer and what does he/she score?

Dave

Oh and in recent RELEVANT DOG NEWS, Kiera has hit a bit of a slump. Since creating this thread she is 0-2. The first attempt, she cornered a skunk but ended up getting sprayed, which if you haven't experienced that, you're missing out, let me tell you. The second attempt was, last night. She chased a cat to the fence line but it got away. I could hear it hissing on the other side as she barked at it. Lucky cat.

I posted the incident when it happened. But the only thing my dog ever did was chase a cat so far up a tree that had no lower branches that we had to have someone put on spikes and go up to get it. Oh and he was tied up to the porch one time and chased a cat full speed across the road. Got to the end of the leash and whiplashed himself into a full backflip. Broke the collar and proceeded to chase the cat around the neighborhood. I think it caused permanent damage to his throat. I'll take it though because as soon as he took off, I thought to myself "this is it. he's breaking his neck". Dogs are tough as nails.

• 1 month later...
Saw a bunny in the back yard before Kiera so I got her back in the house and then chased it off. Come down stairs twenty minutes later and find a dead baby bunny on the living room rug. Question is, do I get an assist on the score sheet?

So last night she brought in a baby bunny head to gnaw on. I saw the mommy bunny around that time so I locked the dog in the house so I could see if the mom could show me where the rest of the babies are. After a while I gave up and later let the dog go back out to see if maybe she would show me where they were. She ran into some bushes we have, grabbed the headless baby corpse and brought that back inside. After I got it away from her and in the trash, I went back to the area because she often eats where she kills. Didn't find the babies there but the mom was right there. Guessing she watched the whole thing. This is getting a little sad.

Archived