• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Gluten-Free Diet

Niko

Is anyone on the board gluten intolerant? I've looked it up at the suggestion of a friend who knows me very well, and apparently I exhibit all the signs of someone who's gluten intolerant from the constant fatigue and aches, to the bloating and frequent bathroom trips down to the mood swings.

My ex gf's best friend was gluten free, but I'd feel weird asking her. Are any of you guys gluten free? If so, recommendations on how to transition into a gluten free diet to give myself a "self test"?

My wife is and for the same reasons as you. She felt better after about 3 weeks on a gluten free diet. It works. Just don't expect to feel 100% better.

No wheat. No corn. Read ingredients. If the words wheat or corn appear, don't have it.

Is anyone on the board gluten intolerant? I've looked it up at the suggestion of a friend who knows me very well, and apparently I exhibit all the signs of someone who's gluten intolerant from the constant fatigue and aches, to the bloating and frequent bathroom trips down to the mood swings.

My ex gf's best friend was gluten free, but I'd feel weird asking her. Are any of you guys gluten free? If so, recommendations on how to transition into a gluten free diet to give myself a "self test"?

My mother-in-law has Celiac, so yes, vicariously.

If you exhibit signs of gluten allergies or intolerance, go to the doctor and get tested for it the right way. Gluten-free diets are not "diets". They are major, borderline catastrophic changes to normal diet.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/09/10/gone-gluten-free/

To me, this sounds like normal, every-day life. Don't most people feel like this? They literally give the same schpeel on Low-T, depression, and restless leg syndrome commercials

Cut out processed foods.

To me, this sounds like normal, every-day life. Don't most people feel like this? They literally give the same schpeel on Low-T, depression, and restless leg syndrome commercials

Cut out processed foods.

And get your vitamin levels checked

Cut out processed foods.

Idk. I'm constantly tired and achy. I can sleep 9 hours, wake up and feel like I want a nap again 5 hours later and my moods are unpredictable and erratic. Idk. I've read online there's no real test for it other than lifestyle change, which is why I asked. I just got blood work done. I hate to have to go back 5 days later lol.

It's probably a bunch of things. Your equilibrium is off. It's probably a little bit of everything, creating more stress and compounding everything.

It doesn't have to be gluten free, but its apparent that you don't want to feel like this, and you acknowledge a lifestyle change. Just get out and do shit, and stop eating shitty food all the time.

My wife is and for the same reasons as you. She felt better after about 3 weeks on a gluten free diet. It works. Just don't expect to feel 100% better.

No wheat. No corn. Read ingredients. If the words wheat or corn appear, don't have it.

Corn is completely fine in a gluten free diet. There are some things that can be a problem but gluten is not naturally found in corn, only added later.

My mom is a celiac, and she legitimately needs a gluten free diet, but it's not something that you should just pick up. Most of the time people who go on a gluten free diet are essentially going on an actual diet, some possibly for the first time, and no matter what their body build or age a real diet goes a long way. The feeling they attribute to being gluten free is actually just controlling portions and limiting high carbohydrate foods.

There are so many misconceptions. Gluten has nothing to do with corn. Gluten is strands of protein in wheat that when developed, makes bread have the structure and chew that it has. Think of pizza crust. That's gluten. It's hard to digest but I think it's kind of a whipping boy at this point. The amount of people that claim to have gluten allergies is crazy.

I also think it's more just simple carbs. Sugars. Anything high glycemic is going to fuck you up.

Archived